DCFC "Narrow Stairs" release info

As per their Myspace:

"Also on November 25th, DCfC's most recent Atlantic Records release, Narrow Stairs, will finally become available on deluxe 180 gram vinyl via Barsuk. The first pressing of the long-awaited vinyl LP will include a 7" single featuring demo versions of album tracks "No Sunlight" and "The Ice Is Getting Thinner"."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about time. I preordered this a loooong time ago from insound only to get told they dont know when the release date would be.

Hopefully the insound release will include the 7".

I somehow acquired a ton of DCFC albums (only one LP but a ton of CDs) and I'm not sure how as I'm not super into them. It's strange. I haven't even heard this album. Any good?

I like the first half of the new album a lot. The second half is meh.

And for those who care about those silver disc thingys - they're rereleasing Something about Airplanes with their first live show in Seattle as a bonus disc, and new artwork.

Something About Airplanes Deluxe Limited Edition Reissue, Narrow Stairs 180 Gram Vinyl W. Bonus 7”

Barsuk Records be re-issuing Death Cab for Cutie's classic 1998 debut album, Something About Airplanes, on November 25th. This limited deluxe 10-year anniversary CD edition will include a bonus disc featuring a recently-unearthed recording of the band's first-ever Seattle show, a February 1998 set at the legendary venue The Crocodile Cafe. The reissue will also feature beautifully redesigned artwork, including extensive liner notes by noted musician and writer Sean Nelson (whose band Harvey Danger was the headliner of the bonus disc show, and who sings lead vocals on the DCfC set's never-before-heard cover of The Smiths' "Sweet and Tender Hooligan".

SOMETHING ABOUT AIRPLANES

Track listing:

1. Bend to Squares

2. President of What?

3. Champagne from a Paper Cup

4. Your Bruise

5. Pictures in an Exhibition

6. Sleep Spent

7. The Face That Launched 1000 Shits

8. Amputations

9. Fake Frowns

10. Line of Best Fit

SOMETHING ABOUT AIRPLANES REISSUE BONUS LIVE DISC

Track listing:

1. Your Bruise

2. President of What?

3. Fake Frowns

4. Sweet and Tender Hooligan (featuring Sean Nelson)

5. State Street Residential

6. Amputations

7. Pictures in an Exhibition

I originally picked up Transatlanticism for the sole purpose of flipping it and cashing in...little did I know that once I listened to it, I'd be liking this band.

I remember almost buying this on vinyl....several times at my local record store...and just being like "Meh, too much money for today"...I didn't realize it'd go OOP and be even more expensive now...so that in mind I picked up "Plans" w/o a second thought when it came out...and I suppose I'll do the same w/ "Narrow Stairs" even though it's by far my least favorite album of theirs

I do love that they press their shit on 180g...but I'm not a fan of 2xLPs...wish they'd throw it on a single LP 180g