TONIGHTS DEBATE

chaps

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are all too optimistic. Bleh, tonight was legitimately depressing. Also I love the one thing that they agree on is that gays shouldn't be allowed to marry, which also got the biggest laugh from the audience.

I don't consider myself optimistic. If McCain wins I've already decided that I'm going to move to Europe.

there is now way she exceeded expectations. if you set expectations for someone to do terrible in a debate, you have already told yourself that she is nowhere near being qualified to be in any political office. an expectation to fail is not an expectation, its called absolute inconfidence.

that being said, she did about as expected: nothing great, nothing terrible.

oh, and biden was the only one who actually "debated".

But the question wasn't "is she qualified for any political office?" It was "did she exceed expectations?" Expectations were about as low as possible for her... no one expected anything from her, and she was alright, which I think is better than a lot of people thought, or .... expected... her to do. So, whether or not anyone likes it, she did exceed them.

But the question wasn't "is she qualified for any political office?" It was "did she exceed expectations?" Expectations were about as low as possible for her... no one expected anything from her, and she was alright, which I think is better than a lot of people thought, or .... expected... her to do. So, whether or not anyone likes it, she did exceed them.

it's not saying much though....lol

It really really scares the shit out of me to think that Sarah Palin could be a heartbeat away from the Presidency while McCain is a heartbeat away from no heartbeat. Palin is the most unqualified person Ive ever seen thats been this close to the White House. Tonight she looked like someone who studied really hard for a big test. Her answers all came off like shes just learning what the hell is going on in this country. Which is exactly what IS going on, shes just figuring out whats going on with all these important issues. She has no fucking clue. There was one question (which I cant remember what it was) and she had no answer so she went back to trying to talk about her stance on the energy situation, which is something she actually knows a little bit about. Biden (who I dont think is the greatest, just way way way better than Palin) sounded like he knew what he was talking about cause, well, he does. Hes been there thru all the things that have been voted on that they were debating about tonite. Even if you dont like Obama or Biden I dont know how you could bring yourself to put the country in a situation where Palin could become President. She would be 10 times worse than Bush has been the past 8 years. She couldnt even answer to Katie Couric. I cant imagine her having to deal with Putin or some world leader. Anyways, just my take on the whole thing.

sarah palin got her ass handed to her. however, i fear joe biden might have come across as a little too high brow at times. sarah palin is an idiot. she didn't answer a single question. she has no understanding of actual politics at all. and the world needs to understand that voting for someone that says NUCULAR is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Palin didn't faceplant by any means, but I wouldn't say she did great. She reverted back to her talking points any time she didn't have a clear answer to the questions, which is virtually every time. I also can't really recall her actually countering Biden. She didn't really have a lot of solid evidence against him.

Guest naytoid

Lol, Did anyone see the Fox news poll?

"Who do you think won the debate"

Palin: 87%

Biden:11%

Undecided: 0%

You have got to be fucking kidding me!, But, eh... What do you expect... It's fox news

You have got to be fucking kidding me!, But, eh... What do you expect... It's fox news

yeah. i watched the debate on fox news, and afterwards they did a little interview with a group of people who all agreed that sarah palin won. At the end of the interview, they asked who changed their mind on who they liked due to the debate, and no one raised their hand.

of course a group of palin supports are going to say she won. what a maverick!

i watched the first hour, got tired of hearing the word maverick and false attacks against obama so i changed it to the pitt game. i was surprised she didn't totally embarrass herself, but she certainly didn't win the debate. just proves faux viewers are mindless idiotic sheep.

When I got home from work my brother had the Pitt game on. Screw the debates. Go Pitt. +1 to you sir.

haha back at you man. if they hadn't fucked up first week of the season they'd stand a chance at the top 10 right now i think. they should win the big east the way things are going, in which case they're in a BCS game no matter what their ranking is.

I'm just hoping to see them ranked again soon. My brother has always been a big Pitt fan, I have become moreso recently especially since becoming a Pitt alum. I really hope they can win the Big East. USF was the current biggest concern until tonight.

i checked it this morning and took the poll and it was

Palin: 40% and Biden: 60 %