First night of RA/Alk3/Thrice/Gaslight tour review

"their light show was insane -- they made use of every last inch of Tower City's gigantic stage, and had their own lighting rig in the scaffolding, too. (It's no surprise they're once again traveling with a semi truck to haul their stage gear.) I don't know how they're gonna cram this show into some of the smaller, indoor venues on this tour, but I bet it'll be impressive no matter where it is. "

Didn't Rise Against go on some kind of "Going Green" speech for their next tour and actually mentioned cutting back their lighting to save energy?

Can't wait to see this next month!

"their light show was insane -- they made use of every last inch of Tower City's gigantic stage, and had their own lighting rig in the scaffolding, too. (It's no surprise they're once again traveling with a semi truck to haul their stage gear.) I don't know how they're gonna cram this show into some of the smaller, indoor venues on this tour, but I bet it'll be impressive no matter where it is. "

Didn't Rise Against go on some kind of "Going Green" speech for their next tour and actually mentioned cutting back their lighting to save energy?

Can't wait to see this next month!

These lights were more impressive than their tour last year with Silverstein and Comeback Kid, I think. They were really, really powerful and well-timed. It's amazing how much a good light show accentuates a band's set.

that Alk 3 setlist looks kinda bad.. I'll probablu skip on this since I already saw them a few months back anyway..

Pretty much the same set they've been playing minus a few songs on their last tour.

Yeah, I was slightly disappointed. This was their headlining set in Cleveland last July:

Calling All Skeletons

Nose Over Tail

I Lied My Face Off

I Found Away

In Vein

Warbrain

Blue Carolina

Mercy Me

Armageddon

Old School Reasons

Private Eye

Do You Wanna Know?

Goodbye Forever

I'm Dying Tomorrow

Help Me

This Could Be Love

ENCORE

For Your Lungs Only

Radio

The only "new" additions to the setlist were "Cringe" (which they play 99% of the time anyway) and "Love Love Kiss Kiss" (which is my least favorite song off the new record). But I have no problem listening to those songs off the I Lied My Face Off EP at every single Trio show I go to, so keep playing 'em!

unless GLA sneaks me in, i'll be out in the parking lot handing out flyers... not dropping $42 on a punk show... thats retarded.

backed. I've never had the chance to see gaslight anthem and it would be the only reason I'd even go to the show. I'm so over the other bands personally. The other thing that sucks, they aren't even stopping in Seattle. Portland or Vancouver. So not only $45 for a ticket, but another $40 for gas. Sure, I'd love to see the band, but damn, $100....

backed. I've never had the chance to see gaslight anthem and it would be the only reason I'd even go to the show. I'm so over the other bands personally. The other thing that sucks, they aren't even stopping in Seattle. Portland or Vancouver. So not only $45 for a ticket, but another $40 for gas. Sure, I'd love to see the band, but damn, $100....

Nov 8 2008 7:00P

Roseland Ballroom Portland, Oregon

Nov 9 2008 7:00P

Thunderbird Arena Vancouver, British Columbia

• 2 weeks later...

Dumb question I guess, but I am debating on whether or not to go to this tour on Friday. I reaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllyyyyyy need my live Gaslight Anthem fix. I haven't listened to Thrice since Artist In the Ambulance and could really give a shit about AK3 (judging by that set list) and Rise Against.

Basically, would it be worth my while to go?

I'm assuming no. I just needed to rationalize this in writing.