MCS I Am The Movie

Guest scriptedrain
I'd like to own this, I'd rather have the first pressing of the CD which came in a 5.25" floppy disk sleeve. I know Scott owns one.

I've heard of that, I've always wanted to see it.

I'd like to own this, I'd rather have the first pressing of the CD which came in a 5.25" floppy disk sleeve. I know Scott owns one.

True story. I'll take pictures of it when I get back to Cleveland. I actually have the second "pressing" of the floppy-disc CDs; there was an even more limited-edition version before mine.

Guest scriptedrain

True story. I'll take pictures of it when I get back to Cleveland. I actually have the second "pressing" of the floppy-disc CDs; there was an even more limited-edition version before mine.

Do you know how many were pressed for either of them? That sounds pretty sweet.

Do you know how many were pressed for either of them? That sounds pretty sweet.

i have the second pressing as well.

heres the info i found for the cd

I Am The Movie (First floppy disc release)

2002 (self released- only 400 copies; 100 black, blue, orange, & red colored CD-Rs)

I Am The Movie (Second floppy disc release)

2002 (self released- only 2000 copies)

• 2 weeks later...

Something of note is that the recording is actually pretty different from the real cd. When they signed to epitaph they remixed the whole thing, re-recorded all the bass parts because the original was done before matt joined, and added some back ups. The songs that are missing were recorded later on, but this one has "1000 paper cranes" which they left off the epitaph release. Overall, its kinda rawer sounding. Its not necessarily better, but I kinda dig it ocassionally.