CIRCA SURVIVE - JUTURNA VINYL ON SALE (FOR REAL!)

Every time I go to check my order status I keep seeing that I have 1 thing in my cart....

Just checked what it was and its a freaking Circa Survive Juturna Pic Disc!

I've been successful to get to checkout and its still in there! Should I try and buy it?

this happened to me, and i said fuck it, might as well try. if it gets refunded, it gets refunded, but if you get it, then it's worth a shot. unless you're broke and shit and you'd miss the $25 for the few days it'd take before they'd refund. i ordered it 7pm their time yesterday, so i'm just waiting for the refund or shipped notification.

oh, and my other order shipped, but i wasn't worried about that cuz i was one of the 1st to order when scott posted it

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never actually heard the band, but I figured I'd buy it to hear them. If I do I'll keep it, if I don't eBay.

Same here. The supply/demand hype has me curious. Although it'll probably just sit on my shelf if I don't like it. Just like all the other records I've bought out of curiousity and/or hype only to find out I don't like them.

I've never actually heard the band, but I figured I'd buy it to hear them. If I do I'll keep it, if I don't eBay.

Same here. The supply/demand hype has me curious. Although it'll probably just sit on my shelf if I don't like it. Just like all the other records I've bought out of curiousity and/or hype only to find out I don't like them.

Can a $200 record be bad? We shall find out.

Now that these are shipping, everyone fess up: How many of you bought this to flip (sell or trade)?

I did not buy one because this band sucks, despite the temptation to make a buck...but in all honestly, who bought them to unload?

EDIT: I should add that what you do with your records is your own business and I could care less what you do with it...I'm just curious.

I'll be honest. I saw this band live and they did nothing for me. I'll spin it, but there is probably a 90% chance I don't own this record in a month.

Yeah, I mean it's my own fault I missed out.

But buying this record because of 'hype' is just ridiculous, seriously.

You can always download the music.. at least sell it to someone that really wants it for a reasonable price.

It's not ridiculous at all. Long before the internet, the only way I could check out a non-mainstream band was to buy the album. And I'd pick the bands whose names I was reading or hearing about most often. I much prefer listening to an entire album and making my decision upon that after a couple of listens versus looking up a few individual songs online. That's how I grew up discovering bands. People were going apeshit over Brand New so I eventually bought Deja Entendu and I loved it even though I'd seen them in concert and hated them. I kept reading a ton about Fall Out Boy before they hit it big and I bought the Grave camo LP from FBR. I fucking despised it. Now people are going nuts over Circa Survive and this is how I choose to check them out because I don't buy CDs. I fail to see what's so ridiculous about this method.

You can always download the music.. at least sell it to someone that really wants it for a reasonable price.

It's not ridiculous at all. Long before the internet, the only way I could check out a non-mainstream band was to buy the album. And I'd pick the bands whose names I was reading or hearing about most often. I much prefer listening to an entire album and making my decision upon that after a couple of listens versus looking up a few individual songs online. That's how I grew up discovering bands. People were going apeshit over Brand New so I eventually bought Deja Entendu and I loved it even though I'd seen them in concert and hated them. I kept reading a ton about Fall Out Boy before they hit it big and I bought the Grave camo LP from FBR. I fucking despised it. Now people are going nuts over Circa Survive and this is how I choose to check them out because I don't buy CDs. I fail to see what's so ridiculous about this method.

I appreciate your method, I wish I could afford that method. But you can go to any blog and download the complete record, give it a listen and then buy the record. You don't buy a record that a lot of people want and decide after not liking it at all keeping it on your shelf.

I agree with Chiefwahoo.

So you're saying that people shouldn't buy the records of bands they've heard good things about? What kind of sense does that make?

And explain to me why a fan is owed something? How would I quantify someone's fanhood and determine if they are deserving of the record at a "fair price" (whatever that may be)? What would stop that person from turning around and selling it for an unfair price?

I agree with Mikey Junior.

So you're saying that people shouldn't buy the records of bands they've heard good things about? What kind of sense does that make?

And explain to me why a fan is owed something? How would I quantify someone's fanhood and determine if they are deserving of the record at a "fair price" (whatever that may be)? What would stop that person from turning around and selling it for an unfair price?

You agree to disagree?

I'm not owed anything, did I say that? I just don't like the way things are being done. You can buy the record, but if you don't like it or if you bought it to sell, at least be reasonable. I know, I know.. things will never change, life's unfair bla bla. I'm just hoping I guess.

and this is just a general remark.

I appreciate your method, I wish I could afford that method. But you can go to any blog and download the complete record, give it a listen and then buy the record. You don't buy a record that a lot of people want and decide after not liking it at all keeping it on your shelf.

I don't illegally download music. Yes, I'm fortunate that I make a decent living and can do the trial and error method. But the argument that others want it more than me is weak. I didn't attempt to buy more than one copy. I bought one because I want to listen to it and I actually hope I like it. If not, oh well. I'm not looking to flip it for profit and I'm not looking to get it out of my house because it's not like it takes up valuable space. In time, it'll likely get traded to someone that has something I want and we'll both be happy. Just like the FOB record.

i tried to buy 2 so i could sell one. i payed about $200 for 3 records that I really wanted a few months back. then they were stolen, along with another 100 records. i have no second thoughts about doing that.

Stolen? fucked up man.

I've also had that one time, luckily got a refund.

I read it as 'I'm buying a record because of hype and I'll end up putting it on my shelf and never listen to it again'. but I guess I misunderstood, sorry.

That's fair to some degree. I think the word 'hype' has a negative connotation sometimes, which probably doesn't help. I'd like to hear what all the buzz is about, plain and simple.

I read it as 'I'm buying a record because of hype and I'll end up putting it on my shelf and never listen to it again'. but I guess I misunderstood, sorry.

That's fair to some degree. I think the word 'hype' has a negative connotation sometimes, which probably doesn't help. I'd like to hear what all the buzz is about, plain and simple.

Amazing music and beautiful vocals.