What video games have you been playing?

I wish they could update the Xbox 360 version of TF2. Fucking Microsoft.

I held out on them updating the xbox version for so long... I finally broke down and bought the PC version. SOOOO much has changed... it's crazy. Honestly, I think they may have changed a little too much. I found the simplicity of the original game to be refreshing but now there's almost too much to it. Upsides are that they added a ton of new maps and fixed A LOT of the bugs so it weeds out the cheaters.

Unfortunately I don't have as much time to play as I used to. Go figure.

I only own:

Assassin's Creed (haven't finished - ok but repetitive)

Assassin's Creed II (won't start til other is finished)

Call of Duty World At War - I like it a lot but haven't gotten through 1P

COD MW2 - kickass intense 1P, and the MP is pretty damn good, but without all the contraptions and whatnot, I'm having a hard time.

Madden '10 - haven't played much of this. The last one I owned was Madden '05 and I used to get so unbelievably frustrated that I wouldn't play it.

Guest eriathomas
The community is good. Versus is way better in L4D1, and I never have a hard time finding a match. Though Scavenge is a ton of fun in the second. So both still get play time from me.

I have yet to try out the scavenge mode. I think I'd be more into it if I had some friends that played it, like all my friends did with the first game. Everyone is way too into MW2 though.

Guest eriathomas

Hey Adam, I noticed you have the Guardin' Gnome achievement. Can you drop Gnome Chompsky, or do you have to hold him the entire campaign? I've read stuff saying both.

Hey Adam, I noticed you have the Guardin' Gnome achievement. Can you drop Gnome Chompsky, or do you have to hold him the entire campaign? I've read stuff saying both.

You can drop him as much as you'd like. You just need to be holding him in the helicopter in the end. Do not drop him in the helicopter. (I'd also make sure I'm holding him when the saferoom doors shut, just for good measure)

Edit - My advice would be to drop him as needed, but do not drop him on the rollercoaster, as if he falls, it's a HUGE pain in the ass.

Guest eriathomas

Bayonetta is the most frustrating game I have ever played. It is really fucking hard, and really fucking cheap sometimes. Right now I'm only playing it on normal too, I can't imagine what it'll be like on the harder modes.

Edit: I ended up getting the guardin' gnome achievement. My first attempt was a failure when the AI gave me some pills and his just disappeared into a wall.

Guest eriathomas

I like hack and slash, but the combos and stuff are just way too ridiculous. IGN definitely jumped the gun, because the story is meh so far, and there is like no real cut-scenes, it's all pretty much done in stills which is annoying. It's way hard too, the battles get crazy after the first few.

Got Valkyria Chronicles. The game is pretty good though I'm having a hard time getting "grade A" completion on any of the non-skirmish battles.

highly recommended

That game is the main reason I think I am going to get a PS3 as my Blu-ray player.