What video games have you been playing?

Hey Andy once you get L4D2, add me and we'll play. Also anyone needing to renew live, or upgrade to gold, Amazon has it for $35 for 13 months. They seem to do it at this time every year, because mine is up on feb 21st and I think I paid the same amount last jan for the 13 months.

Walmart.com has 12mos for $30, which is a better deal in terms of money per month. (Have to buy it online and have it shipped to store, though. It's free, and takes like 2 days.)

Guest eriathomas

Yeah, we killed the other team (2 rounds of 16/16, when they got 0) and the dude just quit after we won. Bastard. Scavenger is a hell of a lot of fun, which was suprising, since I thought it looked sort of dumb as first.

I just finished Uncharted and am ready to Start Uncharted 2 tomorrow! Once I get all my other games out of bags, I'm gonna concentrate on that and Mass Effect (one) and hopefully be done with ME before Bioshock 2 consumes my life! I have ME2 but I ain't playing it till I finish the 1st!

How many other people P/O the Bioshock 2 special edition?! How as I NOT going to?! It has a mother fuckin LP!!!

i thought about it, but decided on the standard ed since i lost my 2nd job.

started playing crackdown tonight, kinda fun. still no real clue what i'm doing in it though.

The orbs in that game still haunt me :-[ I'm missing 1 agility orb (/500) and 2 hidden orbs (/300). I played the fuck out of that game.

It's kind of funny how much I ended up liking it, considering the sole reason I bought it was for the Halo 3 beta.

Last night I finished 50 Cent: Blood In The Sand. It was entertaining but really repetitive. How many helicopter bosses can one game have. I just finished MW2 solo play. That game is fucking amazing. The ending sequence was awesome. Afterwards I tried online and got my ass handed to me. Let me know if anyone wants to play. Im up for a shot until bioshock 2 hits stores in a week or so.

There needs to be a new Final Fantasy so I can get wrapped up in that.

March 9th.

I think this will be the first time that I am not beyond stoked for a Final Fantasy. 12 bummed me out something fierce, I can't stand it at all.

Granted, I haven't been paying much attention as I didn't have a system it will be available for until recently, so I don't know much about it right now, so my feelings may change later...

Not a day one buy for me though, I'll wait for reviews, then maybe rent it.

Guest eriathomas

I really liked 12. The story was good, other then the main characters really having nothing to do with the plot, and the gambit system was awesome. The new one is turn-based again, so it'll be more like 10 from what I've read.

Guest eriathomas

I just got my live card from Amazon, and it's no longer a 12+1 month card, but just a straight 12 month card. Oh well, I have until my birthday in 2011 until I need to renew again.

I think the new battle system is a hybrid of turn-based and FFXII action, but I'm not 100% certain. I guess we'll find out. I need to re-preorder it, since I forgot my card expires before amazon would charge me for it. I think I'll take a few games to eb, to get the extra 25% off, since the games aren't worth much anywhere I sell them.

akross and mcm1610, you should both check out Eternal Sonata. It's probably my favorite RPG this generation. It's short (which kind of sucks), has a great battle system, and decent story, and the colors look fucking amazing on a HDTV. You may not like it, since it seems to be hit or miss, but it's a great game to hold you over until FFXIII. Lost Odyssey is also another good choice. Both games are really cheap to buy now too.

I just got my live card from Amazon, and it's no longer a 12+1 month card, but just a straight 12 month card. Oh well, I have until my birthday in 2011 until I need to renew again.

I think the new battle system is a hybrid of turn-based and FFXII action, but I'm not 100% certain. I guess we'll find out. I need to re-preorder it, since I forgot my card expires before amazon would charge me for it. I think I'll take a few games to eb, to get the extra 25% off, since the games aren't worth much anywhere I sell them.

akross and mcm1610, you should both check out Eternal Sonata. It's probably my favorite RPG this generation. It's short (which kind of sucks), has a great battle system, and decent story, and the colors look fucking amazing on a HDTV. You may not like it, since it seems to be hit or miss, but it's a great game to hold you over until FFXIII. Lost Odyssey is also another good choice. Both games are really cheap to buy now too.

I actually played the Eternal Sonata demo last night and enjoyed it for the most part. I remember almost picking up a copy of Lost Odyssey at Target when I worked there since it was on clearance for dirt cheap, but I didn't have a 360 and figured my brother-in-law wouldn't like it too well.

I need another game that is not a shooter to play that will give me variety, so an RPG like Eternal Sonata may be the way to go...

I actually played the Eternal Sonata demo last night and enjoyed it for the most part. I remember almost picking up a copy of Lost Odyssey at Target when I worked there since it was on clearance for dirt cheap, but I didn't have a 360 and figured my brother-in-law wouldn't like it too well.

I need another game that is not a shooter to play that will give me variety, so an RPG like Eternal Sonata may be the way to go...

Eternal Sonata and Lost Odyssey are both great. It's funny, but I think I like ES better. I know some people that would disagree, but I like the older style Jrpgs better. I really wish I could get an xbox live port of Grandia II. otherwise will have to break out the dreamcast again. I have skies of arcadia (for dreamcast and gamecube) so maybe I should try the gamecube port on my Wii.

Also, to add to this, I just grabbed Mass Effect 2 last night, but haven't had time to pop it in yet. Maybe tomorrow after work.

Guest eriathomas

Skies of Arcadia (DC) is still in my top 10 favorite RPGs. I never had a gamecube, so I can't compare the two but I think they fixed the overwhelming amount of random battles and experience gained from them. I wish I still had a DC so I could play through that game again.