What video games have you been playing?

Miyamoto is taking over for the time being, but as far as I understand, they need more of a business person and not a creative person to be CEO.

I've got a question for anyone in the know on those Gamestop deals about trading x towards x and getting x.

The one this week is $100 trade in value if you trade a 2ds/3ds/3ds/xl towards a NEW 3ds XL.

I've got a 3ds XL I was going to trade in today, for $60. But I already have a New 3ds XL. Is there anything stopping me from doing the trade in, getting $100 out of my 3ds XL, and then returning the brand new New 3ds XL I get?

There has to be something stopping me from doing this... right?

I've got a question for anyone in the know on those Gamestop deals about trading x towards x and getting x.

The one this week is $100 trade in value if you trade a 2ds/3ds/3ds/xl towards a NEW 3ds XL.

I've got a 3ds XL I was going to trade in today, for $60. But I already have a New 3ds XL. Is there anything stopping me from doing the trade in, getting $100 out of my 3ds XL, and then returning the brand new New 3ds XL I get?

There has to be something stopping me from doing this... right?

When the gamestop pre-orders went up for the Majora's Mask 3DS XL, I asked the guy if I could return my old one to put money towards the Majora one. He said to just bring it in when it shipped and he'd do one of those return deals and get the $100 back on my card. Worth a shot asking your local Gamestop. 

When the gamestop pre-orders went up for the Majora's Mask 3DS XL, I asked the guy if I could return my old one to put money towards the Majora one. He said to just bring it in when it shipped and he'd do one of those return deals and get the $100 back on my card. Worth a shot asking your local Gamestop. 

Hmm my local Gamestop is a bunch of d-bags and 1 or 2 okay people. I'll try there tonight and if they say no I'll try the other one in the city possibly.

It's only $40, but $40 is $40, naw'm saying?

Yup, unfortunately according to /r/gamestop if you did this and tried to return the N3dsXL you wouldn't get the $40 bonus back. You would get normal $60 credit and the cash you paid and lose the $40.

Ah well. I figured it wouldn't be possible. Still gonna take advantage of the +50% trade credit today on games/accessories.

Yup, unfortunately according to /r/gamestop if you did this and tried to return the N3dsXL you wouldn't get the $40 bonus back. You would get normal $60 credit and the cash you paid and lose the $40.

Ah well. I figured it wouldn't be possible. Still gonna take advantage of the +50% trade credit today on games/accessories.

When I worked at GS if you were cool and kept it real I would let stuff like this slide whenever possible. I honestly feel like back then it would be a hassle to make sure you didn't get that extra trade credit if you returned the system. They've made at least a few advancements in the past few years though, so it might automatically correct stuff like that.

Picked up Radiant Historia, FFT;A2, Super Mario 3d Land, Etrian Odyssey Untold, and DMC yesterday... Pretty set for a bit :)

Still on the lookout for Pokemon COnquest, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, FIre Emblem: Shadow Dragon.

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon was pretty good. I think I sold mine, and now regret it, seeing as it's impossible to find, as with the rest of the games, besides Awakening. Maybe I just have it buried in boxes of wires in my mom's attic. What Fire Emblem's have you played so far?

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon was pretty good. I think I sold mine, and now regret it, seeing as it's impossible to find, as with the rest of the games, besides Awakening. Maybe I just have it buried in boxes of wires in my mom's attic. What Fire Emblem's have you played so far?

Just awakening and I LOVED it. I was way late to the series but goddamn if I'm not hyped for Fates.

Just awakening and I LOVED it. I was way late to the series but goddamn if I'm not hyped for Fates.

I still have yet to play Awakening. Gotta grab it eventually. You gotta play the GBA ones dude, definitely my favorites. I've played Sacred Stones and Blazing Sword all the way through at least once a year since I was like 10. So so good. 

I still have yet to play Awakening. Gotta grab it eventually. You gotta play the GBA ones dude, definitely my favorites. I've played Sacred Stones and Blazing Sword all the way through at least once a year since I was like 10. So so good. 

I think I still have my old GBA somewhere in my parent's house under my childhood bed. I'll have to take a look next time I'm home :P.

Get on Awakening right now! It's so good.

I think I still have my old GBA somewhere in my parent's house under my childhood bed. I'll have to take a look next time I'm home :P.

Get on Awakening right now! It's so good.

If you happen to have a Wii U, you can buy the two I mentioned on Virtual Console for $8 a piece.

Yeah I just gotta splurge and grab it. I usually wait for games to have sales before I grab them, but seeing as that doesn't happen often with Nintendo ones...

If you happen to have a Wii U, you can buy the two I mentioned on Virtual Console for $8 a piece.

Yeah I just gotta splurge and grab it. I usually wait for games to have sales before I grab them, but seeing as that doesn't happen often with Nintendo ones...

you can get it used for like $25 at reputable places : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/fire-emblem-awakening-pre-owned-nintendo-3ds/7977097.p?id=1218863187256&skuId=7977097

It's also an Atlus game so eventually it WILL go on sale on the eshop which is nice :)

you can get it used for like $25 at reputable places : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/fire-emblem-awakening-pre-owned-nintendo-3ds/7977097.p?id=1218863187256&skuId=7977097

It's also an Atlus game so eventually it WILL go on sale on the eshop which is nice :)

Yeah it was on sale on the eshop a while ago. I'm just weird and like to have physical copies of all of my games, unless the price difference is ridiculous. 

Yeah, that is true. 

Not to over-hype it, but I actually like it even more on my 3ds than I do on my playstation. My carry case for my 3ds has 3 slots for games. I put a 32gig SSD card in my 3ds and I've got 5-10 games on it that I can access very easily. And mostly it's stuff I will always want. Smash Bros, SMT IV, Persona Q, Mario+Luigi.  I love having them there :).

The trade-off is obviously loss of resale value. And its a shame because 3ds games hold their value pretty well for resale. It's worth it for me on stuff I know I like though.