What video games have you been playing?

What about Fallout 3 was frustrating?

it's been, what, 6-7 years, so hard to remember exactly what it was, but pretty sure it was the way-too-open world. i wandered off the main mission too early and basically got trapped in a sequence where i repeatedly got my ass handed to me over and over again, so it wasn't fun.

even now, i find myself googling "where to go" for certain missions because i get frutrated that you're just supposed to explore and 'figure it out' sometimes.

That's kind of the draw of the whole game. It can both rewarding and punishing going off the beaten trail. It's been a while since I played as well, and from what I remember the quest markers can be confusing and a bit wonky sometimes. If you are looking to do just the main quest, than make sure that's always your "active" quest. A lot of locations in the game have no quest relevance, and are there simply for exploration and sometimes loot.

It can be daunting at first. I'd definitely follow the main quest to start out then once you progress to lvl 10-15 and have a decent amount of gear, I'd just go wandering around. Beware of the death claws and behemoths though. They will slaughter you, no matter what lvl and gear you have.

That's kind of the draw of the whole game. It can both reward and punish going off the beaten trail. It's been a while since I played as well, and from what I remember the quest markers can be confusing and a bit wonky sometimes. If you are looking to do just the main quest, than make sure that's always your "active" quest. A lot of locations in the game have no quest relevance, and are theready simply for exploration and sometimes loot.

It can be daunting at first. I'd definitely follow the main quest to start out then once you progress to lvl 10-15 and have a decent amount of gear, I'd just go wandering around. Beware of the death claws and behemoths though. They will slaughter you, no matter what lvl and gear you have.

yeah i think i have a pretty good grasp of balancing it this time around. or at least i can survive long enough to run from whatever shit storm i find lol

2K just dropped this trailer! I can't wait!

Never played any of the other "Mafia" games, but this looks fantastic.  What should I expect gameplay wise?  From the past 2 games at least.

Also, DOES ANYONE ELSE PLAY LIFE IS STRANGE?!  Seriously.  Possibly game of the year contender for me.  The wait for the last "episode" is killing meeee.

2K just dropped this trailer! I can't wait!

http://youtu.be/2HMxHfIxQfc

Mafia 1 is easily one of my favorite games ever. I remember it being the first time I found a story in a video game to be truly compelling. Can't wait for the 3rd. However, I wish we could move away from the gruff mysterious macho voices from protagonists in games. After The Witcher I've had enough of that vocal style.

Never played any of the other "Mafia" games, but this looks fantastic.  What should I expect gameplay wise?  From the past 2 games at least.

They're in the same vein as Grand Theft Auto and Saint's Row, but a bit more restrained in gameplay and much more restrained on the satire. For the most part, gameplay is more realistic if a bit stiff.

I can't recommend Mafia II strongly enough. One of the best games I've ever played and one of the most compelling stories as well. I'd put it up there with GTA IV as one of the best of the open world crime games. They emulated the 40s and 50s better than any other game I've played. Very gritty, sometimes too much so (a certain scene in Central Park comes to mind). Definitely check it out; though it may not have enough content to hold you over until III it's definitely a great time-sink.

As jetsfan said, the first game is also stellar but I haven't put nearly as much time into it as the sequel. Being from 2002, it actually looks pretty good for its time but the mechanics are still a bit clunky. Check it out, too.

The guy at the end of the Mafia III trailer with the gray hair is Vito Scaletta, from the second game. I see they're sticking to the tradition of protagonists rolling over from one game to the next, even if only in a minor role. (Players of Mafia II will know that Tommy made a short appearance during one mission.) I like that sense of continuity.

If the rumors are true about KOTR 1 & 2 coming out for current gen consoles, then count me in!

Do you mean KOTOR? (Just making sure)

That would be sweet! 2 got an update on Steam recently with the Restoration Mod content. Have been dabbling in that quite a bit.