What video games have you been playing?

you can get it used for like $25 at reputable places : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/fire-emblem-awakening-pre-owned-nintendo-3ds/7977097.p?id=1218863187256&skuId=7977097

It's also an Atlus game so eventually it WILL go on sale on the eshop which is nice :)

Got FE: A new about three days ago from jet.com for $22 shipped. There is a code for $10 off on your first purchase, if anyone wants to take advantage of that for any other games you can see on there. Their prices are good all around. I think it is a membership website a la Costco but you get a free three months when you sign up. Their manga prices are so much better than anywhere else I can find, so I am going to pick up a ton on payday.

The Pokken tournament looks beautiful. Although it just looks like a Pokémon themed Super Smash. Wish they would make a Pokemon Stadium 3 or a story themed game like Gale of Darkness.

An actual home console Pokemon RPG would move units for Nintendo. I've never been able to figure out why they leave that market untapped.

So my roommate just bought The Last Of Us and told me to play it. I put in about three hours earlier today and love it.

Those goddamn clickers.

Started this two nights ago as well. A few hours in, still pretty lukewarm about it, mostly because of the heavy-handed gunplay/crouch up to the enemy until triangle finally shows up.

On a related note, before starting The Last Of Us I suffered through finally finishing Tomb Raider on PS3. I felt it was repetitive as hell, and I really cursed myself for having that stupid personal rule to always finish games that I started.

Started this two nights ago as well. A few hours in, still pretty lukewarm about it, mostly because of the heavy-handed gunplay/crouch up to the enemy until triangle finally shows up.

On a related note, before starting The Last Of Us I suffered through finally finishing Tomb Raider on PS3. I felt it was repetitive as hell, and I really cursed myself for having that stupid personal rule to always finish games that I started.

Sounds like you should quit torturing yourself and quit video games.

That's the plan, unfortunately I still need the PS3 for Netflix for the kids, so as long as it's there, I still use it from time to time. Thanks for caring guys! Definitely won't grab another console once the PS3 has died.

Tomb Raider still is terribly repetitive and boring, though.

Tomb Raider was sick. You're a nut.

Honestly i am the same way. I hate watching a movie and not finishing it, getting into a tv show and stop watching. Same with games. I tend to also play games really late (see bioshock post above) so i weed out most that people say are bad or not worth the time.

Honestly i am the same way. I hate watching a movie and not finishing it, getting into a tv show and stop watching. Same with games. I tend to also play games really late (see bioshock post above) so i weed out most that people say are bad or not worth the time.

That's the thing though...that tomb raider game is probably the best in the franchise! It was a real gem as far as adventure games go.

That's where I would disagree. I have memories of playing the first Tomb Raider on PS1 where you had puzzles where you would be stuck for some time before finally figuring it out and thus feeling some sense of excitement.

The new Tomb Raider to me was more of an Action-adventure game with the entire focus on action. There wasn't a single instance where I was stuck for more than 5 minutes, and it really felt like "Lara dropped 100 feet, now you shot some bad guys, now you crawl through a hole, now she drops down again, more bad guys, and so on.." I don't consider myself a good gamer, but I felt the game was not challenging at all. The hardest part was navigating those stupid raging rivers with those spikes.

That's where I would disagree. I have memories of playing the first Tomb Raider on PS1 where you had puzzles where you would be stuck for some time before finally figuring it out and thus feeling some sense of excitement.

The new Tomb Raider to me was more of an Action-adventure game with the entire focus on action. There wasn't a single instance where I was stuck for more than 5 minutes, and it really felt like "Lara dropped 100 feet, now you shot some bad guys, now you crawl through a hole, now she drops down again, more bad guys, and so on.." I don't consider myself a good gamer, but I felt the game was not challenging at all. The hardest part was navigating those stupid raging rivers with those spikes.

See, I remember playing the first game when I was 13 and not having any trouble with the puzzles. Them being removed was kind of a non-issue for me.

See, I remember playing the first game when I was 13 and not having any trouble with the puzzles. Them being removed was kind of a non-issue for me.

By puzzles I also meant the platforming portion and figuring out, what ledge to jump on.

So you did not find the new Tomb Raider to be way too easy (I played it on normal difficulty)?

I don't remember there being any crazy hard puzzles, but I found the plat forming equally as challenging as the earlier iterations in the franchise. I also played it through to almost 100% completion though, the earlier games didn't get muh replay or bonus time beyond beating them.

I don't remember there being any crazy hard puzzles, but I found the plat forming equally as challenging as the earlier iterations in the franchise. I also played it through to almost 100% completion though, the earlier games didn't get muh replay or bonus time beyond beating them.

Climbing to the top of the antenna was amazing. I 100% it too, I think if I remember correctly the puzzle rooms were an optional part of the game so a lot of people don't see 'em.