wtf is up with all this touch screen shit?

Guest kevinb

i swear every day there is a new company that has implemented this technology into their electronics.

i dont get it you still have to press somthing, to me all you are doing is scuffing & smudging up your screen & shelling out a shitload more $ for this..

I still think HP's Touchsmart is very gimmicky. You get this 20" + screen and get grubby finger prints all over it. People bitch about a smudged iPod screen, yet they'll buy this.

That being said, there is definitely some cool things that can and will be done using touchscreen, but it's too green for most consumers to enjoy.

I saw a commercial how the new blackberry is going to be touchscreen, and you turn it to its side to use the touchscreen keyboard. I just dont see how that will work well with everyone's different finger sizes.

yeah thats the storm...i think they are just like, shit we should keep up, kinda like they did with the curve when people started using sidekicks...the bold is pretty cool, but i like my 8820

I saw a commercial how the new blackberry is going to be touchscreen, and you turn it to its side to use the touchscreen keyboard. I just dont see how that will work well with everyone's different finger sizes.

I think regardless of touch vs. non-touch most phones have that issue since they're buttons are quite small.

With the Storm you can actually use the keyboard when the phone is vertical or horizontal, it just shows a different keyboard.

I love it and I love my phone. I do kind of miss the being able to do things without looking, but even that I'm getting somewhat decent at, I'm inside the lines on the road most of the time at least...

Now a full on computer, that's a little overboard, little star trekish to me. But I'm sure tons of people thought the iPhone and other touch screen products wouldn't work and I think the iPhone was the biggest selling product of Q3, so something is being done right. The computer, wait a little longer, ugh...

i swear every day there is a new company that has implemented this technology into their electronics.

i dont get it you still have to press somthing, to me all you are doing is scuffing & smudging up your screen & shelling out a shitload more $ for this..

ever browsed the web on an iphone or ipod touch. Fucking amazing. Really intuitive zoom and everything.

Its certainly not great for everything. But with it you reduce the need for an additional keypad so you usually end up with a bigger screen in the end for non-touch things. like say watching a video. Still its not necessary for everything.

I never thought i'd like a touchscreen phone but i got an iphone last month and i love it, do not miss having buttons. Im sure touchscreen will come as standard on phones just as soon as internet access does, it enables manufacturers to give us a decent size screen for surfing i guess.

EDIT: actually i do miss having buttons but only when im using the iphone to listen to music, really annoying having to take it out my pocket and unlock it every time i want to skip track. Some more buttons on the side next to the volume would be great. Or an in-line control as standard