should I buy an x-box 360 or ps3?

chunkrock

Really, the bulk of the games out there are for both systems. There's a handful of exclusive titles (PS3: Uncharted, Metal Gear, blah blah, X-Box: Gears of War, Halo, etc.) but for the most part, shit is cross-platform. I haven't noticed any difference in frame rate on either system.

I wonder if Microsoft will ever get the license to use blu ray.

PS3 is actually the best blu-ray player out since it is the only one that is fully capable of being upgraded to the bly-ray 2 firmware that is supposed to be out sometime in the future.

Truth. All the $200 Blu-Ray players you see out there are already obsolete, and a good portion of them CAN'T be upgraded (lack of storage and/or network connection).

The 360 has the better game library, so if you want to play more than a half-dozen good games I would go that route. $50 for a year of Live isn't all that bad (just buy one less beer at the bar a month (or 2 shitty beers) and you will be fine).

I have neither of the systems and it will likely remain that way for a while. I have an overabundance of PS2, DS and Wii games that need to be finished, and little time to play these days...

Yah I've had no issues with my xbox. Think I got it 1.5 years ago. It's a halo edition so i'm sure someone could figure out when it came out based on that.

regarding the red ring issue being solved. thats not true. although I have heard they improved the failure rate quite a bit (10% from about 25%)

In all honesty the only good reason I can think of for buying a PS3 is that it plays blu-ray. And the $60 a year for xbox live is really a non-factor for me when I'm getting much better games and a much better online experience. (that being said I can't say I've ever played any PS3 games online but the xbox has a great interface for it.)

as long as you keep your 360 in a well ventilated area and keep it mostly dust free you should be good. a lot of the problems people had was with overheating, and that was mainly due to people trying to put them in sealed entertainment systems. they generate a good bit of heat, but keep it out in the open and you shouldn't have much of a problem.