Recently Watched Thread

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from Drag Me To Hell and it is fucking brilliant. The Raimi bro's are on top form. It had just the right amount of comedy and the right amount of horror and suspense. They have got the special effects down as well. I can't really think of a bad thing to say about this movie. If you haven't seen it yet put down what ever your doing and go watch it!

Hopefully going tomorrow night. I saw Up tonight. Pixar really can do no wrong.

Just watched "This is England". What a sad fucking movie. It's set in 1983 during the Falklands War and this kid's dad has died in it. The kid ends up falling in with some Nationalist skinheads and things just get really fucked. Normally when I watch Instant Queue movies on Netflix at work I'm multi-tasking and doing 10 things at once. This movie had me gripped the whole time.

Just got back from "Drag Me To Hell". I guess I have a different view than the other two posters above me. I thought it was paint-by-numbers horror where making the audience jump is the method of terror. I also thought the "special effects" were well done, but not nearly as cool as good gore in other horror films. I can't really think of many good moments in the movie. I watch a lot of horror both good and bad and this just wasn't my thing. The audience that were in the theater also made this hard for me because they were talking, yelling, and just being assholes. Oh well.

I also watched "Hell Ride". This film is an homage to late 60's biker movies. It has a great cast and pretty good acting. It takes the biker genre and modernizes it with more nudity and over-the-top story line. It was produced by Tarantino as well.

[image]

Guest genericinsight

Tonight, Saturday home alone with cable TV:

WALL-E: Great, and I didn't have much of a desire to see it in theaters. Loved it:

The Happening: Didn't like it.

Just watched "This is England". What a sad fucking movie. It's set in 1983 during the Falklands War and this kid's dad has died in it. The kid ends up falling in with some Nationalist skinheads and things just get really fucked. Normally when I watch Instant Queue movies on Netflix at work I'm multi-tasking and doing 10 things at once. This movie had me gripped the whole time.

Dude, this is one of my all time favourite movies. It is so tense and well written. I know i have mentioned it on this board a few times now but Shane Meadows, the guy who wrote and directed This is England (which is semi biographical) also made a film called "Dead Mans Shoes". This is just as tense and gripping and semi biographical as well. It is amazing. Seriously everyone needs to see it at least once.

Dude, this is one of my all time favourite movies. It is so tense and well written. I know i have mentioned it on this board a few times now but Shane Meadows, the guy who wrote and directed This is England (which is semi biographical) also made a film called "Dead Mans Shoes". This is just as tense and gripping and semi biographical as well. It is amazing. Seriously everyone needs to see it at least once.

+1. Thanks for the reccomendation, dude.

+1. Thanks for the reccomendation, dude.

No worries dude, cheers for the +1. In my opinion Dead Mans Shoes is one of the best British films produced, in fact i think i am going to watch it now!

I finally finally finally got around to seeing The Darjeeling Limited. I fucking loved it so much. Wes Anderson rules.

a lot of people dont seem to like that one, but i love it too

last night i watched hitchikers guide to the galaxy, this morning i watched confessions of a dangerous mind, which is an amazing fucking movie. and now i just put in snatch

Daytime Drinking - a hilarious film about a guy who, to get over a girl who broke his heart, plans a trip with his buddies....only problem is they dont show up. the only downside is that the subtitles (korean language film) were more of a direct translation, so there is a lot of "it is a very not good thing"

highly recommend, especially as a drinking game...anytime they drink on screen, you gotta take a slug!