Guilty Pleasures in Music

kottonmouth kings, i have to admit.

haha I use to like them. I even saw them a few times when I was in high school.

As for my guilty pleasures I like a few Katy Perry songs, a few Paramore songs, I kinda like that new Bring Me The Horizon, I like to listen to 3Oh!3 when Im drinking w/ my friends. Usually turns into some kind of weird white people dance party. Im sure I have a lot more than I cant think of right now.

I'm always a little opposed to the term "guilty pleasure", as if someone needs to feel stupid because they like something that goes against the accepted concept of what's "cool". That said, I really like Tegan and Sara.

Agreed but to explain something like that in the "topic" would take to long. I wanted it to be easy to pertain to others.

I'm always a little opposed to the term "guilty pleasure", as if someone needs to feel stupid because they like something that goes against the accepted concept of what's "cool". That said, I really like Tegan and Sara.

Agreed but to explain something like that in the "topic" would take to long. I wanted it to be easy to pertain to others.

There was a good Chuck Klosterman (i think) essay about why the term was so stupid. The basic reasons were the fact that you feel like you should be ashamed of liking something you actually like, and the second being that it kind of implies that instead of watching Rock of Love 2 you might be doing something incredibly productive.

That being said, Fall Out Boy, Taylor Swift, that I'm not gonna write you love song song, basically anything thats poppy, catchy and simple. (preferably with pianos)

Fall Out Boy, Paramore, Panic at the Disco, Mae.

my wife played mae for me while we were painting the deck this past summer and i really dug them.

I saw Mae in a back room of a bookstore here like 6 years ago, and I was like "wow, this band is kinda cool.." and then I listened to them on CD and was like "wow... no es gusta"

Justice (the dance dudes) and All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey. I don't really feel guilty about it because it's no doubt good. But those are the more left field things in the music I like.

Oh, and some older mall emo bands like Fall Out Boy, Something Corporate, and the Starting line pre-2003

my wife played mae for me while we were painting the deck this past summer and i really dug them.

I really like Destination: Beautiful and The Everglow, I haven't listened to their 3rd album though.

Singularity suuuuuuucks. I made myself listen to it several times because I love their first 2 albums so much, but that album just does nothing for me. I think it's because they sold out to the man and went to Capitol Records.