XstraightxedgeX?

pjaicomo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm edge.

All of my friends drink, smoke, take drugs etc.

I hang out at a local bar most nights.

Being edge has nothing to do with eating meat or all that other bullshit.

Edge is a personal choice, not a militant group. If it turns into a militant group then you're just a nazi.

I love Flicker by the way. He's spot on with his comments in this thread.

But how much dong do you smoke?

I'm edge.

All of my friends drink, smoke, take drugs etc.

I hang out at a local bar most nights.

Being edge has nothing to do with eating meat or all that other bullshit.

Edge is a personal choice, not a militant group. If it turns into a militant group then you're just a nazi.

I love Flicker by the way. He's spot on with his comments in this thread.

But how much dong do you smoke?

As much as Flicker will give me.

ive never drank,smoked,or done a drug.

i consider myself a positive person and edge. i got into sXe bands when i was 14 or 15. when i was younger i was attracted to the comradery of it all. i didnt identify w/ people in high school but i felt that with punk rock or hardcore these people in a room watching bands felt the same way i felt.

Guest conoley
ive never drank,smoked,or done a drug.

i consider myself a positive person and edge. i got into sXe bands when i was 14 or 15. when i was younger i was attracted to the comradery of it all. i didnt identify w/ people in high school but i felt that with punk rock or hardcore these people in a room watching bands felt the same way i felt.

You are also a rad person.

Guest xsteponmex

I'm as straight as the line that you sniff up your nose

And I'm as hard as the booze that you swill down your throat

and I'm as bad as the shit you breath into your lungs

And I'll fuck you up as fast as the pill on your tongue!

Straightedge revenege! Straightedge revenge!

I've been straight edge for my entire life at this point (never drank, smoked, or done any drug even once). I've never seen a benefit to those things.

For me the use of the term is less about a subscription to a dogmatic ideology and more about an easy explanation for why I don't drink. When I first heard the term in 1988, and immediate thought "well, that's convenient", as I already decided those things weren't things I was interested in partaking in. 20 years later, I'm still not.

I don't believe in attempting converting people or preaching to anyone. My wife isn't straight edge. She gives me shit about not drinking, I've never done the inverse. So she, too, think I "smoke dong". And I'm ok with that. I've never been affected by peoples opinions of me.

I've been straight edge for my entire life at this point (never drank, smoked, or done any drug even once). I've never seen a benefit to those things.

For me the use of the term is less about a subscription to a dogmatic ideology and more about an easy explanation for why I don't drink. When I first heard the term in 1988, and immediate thought "well, that's convenient", as I already decided those things weren't things I was interested in partaking in. 20 years later, I'm still not.

I don't believe in attempting converting people or preaching to anyone. My wife isn't straight edge. She gives me shit about not drinking, I've never done the inverse. So she, too, think I "smoke dong". And I'm ok with that. I've never been affected by peoples opinions of me.

Your wife is ok with you smoking dong?

I only know one kid who is straight edge and he got three X's tatted on his back senior year of high school. I haven't seen him much since, but I always kind of thought he was a douchebag, and especially because he got the tattoo before he was even legal to drink, I hope he's broken edge. He was also a borderline rapist, which kind of breaks edge in itself, anyway, right?

I think it's cool that someone like you could keep your convictions for so long. I know I tend to just be an idiot and try things for the sake of trying them. Even though years ago I said I'd never try coke or anything, I've dabbled for the experience. I didn't like it, but I went back on my word and I kind of wish I didn't try it, but oh well.

Your wife is ok with you smoking dong?

I only know one kid who is straight edge and he got three X's tatted on his back senior year of high school. I haven't seen him much since, but I always kind of thought he was a douchebag, and especially because he got the tattoo before he was even legal to drink, I hope he's broken edge. He was also a borderline rapist, which kind of breaks edge in itself, anyway, right?

I think it's cool that someone like you could keep your convictions for so long. I know I tend to just be an idiot and try things for the sake of trying them. Even though years ago I said I'd never try coke or anything, I've dabbled for the experience. I didn't like it, but I went back on my word and I kind of wish I didn't try it, but oh well.

My wife is heavy involved musical theater (she acts, sings, dances, directs, choreographs, etc), so she's used to being around guys who smoke dong, I guess.

The edge tattoo is always a sure sign that the person is going to break edge, and usually very hard.

At the end of the day, it's most important that you are comfortable with the life you've lived. For me, I tend to regret the things I have done more than the things I haven't. I've never thought I've missed out on anything. The only things I regret I haven't done are not asking girls out, but I like my wife okay, so it all worked out.