isis box set

flood

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just joined this board after reading the past 10 pages of posts. This is the funniest/most stressful nerd moment ever. Here I thought I was the only one freakin' refreshing that damn RE site for the past 12 hours. Don't know why I passed on the Conspiracy option when I saw it at 5:00am yesterday, I thought RE would have the damn thing up sooner than this!!! My wife is still laughing at me. Stupid record collecting, why do we ask for this?

I'm in the same boat as you man, I found this place doing a search for any other kind of information on when it would be up. I didn't find any news, just shared anticipation / frustration.

Every time I hit refresh I think about how it probably won't be up until like sometime next week, but I keep checking anyway. I wish there was an update, some kind of ball park time. Looking around here did make me break out my Sawblade and stare at it for a little bit. There's some nice records on here.

Seriously. Finally getting some legit version of the Sawblade is just one of the reasons I can't let this damn box thing go. Too funny. I'm a multi-tasking nerd right now friggin' digitizing Throw Rag, listening to the Hellacopters, and refreshing RE every 20 minutes or so. Gotta break away and watch Lost though. Can't do everything at once after all.

Box Set

These are the Box Set releases that we carry:

There are no products to list in this category.

Yeah, lists as that now, I swear the wording was different earlier (didnt say 'these are the box sets we carry') or I am completely hallucinating.

The sad part is I got mine on Conspiracy but now I am keeping an eye out on RE for you guys on here that are looking

on another note, has anybody ever seen them live? they put on one of the great shows out there these days.
saw them in cleveland in 2004 w/these arms are snakes and russian circles and my number one favorite time, none will ever be better, we actually booked them to play in cincinnati in 99' when "The Red Sea" came out. ISIS in a fucking legion hall! i feel old now, but fuck it. my buddy adrian smoked up with them in their tour van, not my bag, but still a funny part of the experience.

Yeah, I first saw them open for the Melvins at the Otto Bar in 2000 or 2001 back when I lived in PA. I was more stoked on seeing the Melvins than ISIS at the time (as I somehow had managed to miss 10 years worth of Melvins shows) but picked up Celestial at the show and, well, now I'm sitting here waiting for a box set full of records that I already have. I guess they made a good impression.

I saw them with Tortoise at the Metro in Chicago for Flower15 back in November '05, but it was a late show (the early show that night was Jimmy Eat World, I think); I made it through about 15 minutes of their set before more or less passing out on my feet and catching the shuttle back to my hotel.

EDIT: Also saw them open for Tool in '06 but the door time on the ticket was wrong, so they were finishing up right as we got inside. Super-bummed about that.

I had heard of the band from a few friends but never really checked out their music. It wasn't until I saw them open for TOOL in '06 at Amherst, MA...I can't remember the name of the amphitheater...I was blown away at how intense and loud they sounded. I was hooked from then on.

Just last year I flew up to Boston to catch two shows during their 10th anniversary tour...they were awesome.