New Flight of the Conchords episode

casey

Is this show funny yet, or is it still the kind of humor where you watch it and go, "Oh, that's funny..." but never actually laugh? (See also: 30 Rock)

A lot of the humor is in the understated delivery, and there's a lot of absurdist stuff, but this show is LOL funny, especially when watched with other people who have seen it before.

This episode was good. They seem to be shifting away from having so many songs and towards a more conventional scripted structure, which is fine by me as long as they keep the quality up.

FotC = hit and miss.

30 Rock = more laughs a minute than any other show on TV.

just wait three years after its canceled when people are calling it the next Arrested Development, and pick up the dvds when they go on sale at amazon for like $12 for the entire series. Then come back to the internet and make a million threads with references to the show.

seriously do it. i'll wait.

Guest genericinsight

I'm going to agree on it being hit or miss, I haven't watched this one yet and I'm not sure I'll have time to, so I might just wait until the official HBO air date.

However, I feel that when FOTC is funny, its really funny. That's what keeps me watching. Even some of the stuff I think isn't funny doesn't piss me off or make me lose sleep.