Finding OP records sealed mint.

Anyone else feel bad about opening a record like this.

For years I had been trying to get a copy of The Anniversary - Your Majesty (2001) and finally got one. The record is sealed and in mint condition. I haven't had time to open it yet, but soon I will. I am sure there is some super fan out there who would like it sealed but I would rather play it than keep it sealed.

If you could find a record sealed, and keep it that way, what would it be?

I'm only new to the whole vinyl collecting scene but I buy them to listen to and appreciate the music and if its a rare one so be it.

People say they will never play these records to keep them in mint condition in case they decide to sell them but really if you find that ultimate record you aren't likely to sell it are you?

Otherwise I think you end up looking like one of those freaky star trek collectors with everything stored in original boxes.

Guest streetcore

i bought Jawbreakers "24 hour revenge theory" today for $8.95 sealed. They also had "Bivouac" for $20 bucks but i didn't know if i wanted to spend that much. i don't know is it worth $20?. they also had Paramore's "riot" on color too. is that out of print yet?

Guest streetcore

my "24 hour revenge theory" is as mint as mint can be, no old musty cardboard smell or nuttin. yeah, i hate shrink wrapped records with crushed corners. i had a very sizable order from no idea and a bunch of corners were crushed slightly.

my "24 hour revenge theory" is as mint as mint can be, no old musty cardboard smell or nuttin. yeah, i hate shrink wrapped records with crushed corners. i had a very sizable order from no idea and a bunch of corners were crushed slightly.

It's probably one of the reissues from a month ago.

Guest streetcore

It's probably one of the reissues from a month ago.

uhh no. unless the re-issue is on Tupelo

For years I had been trying to get a copy of The Anniversary - Your Majesty (2001) and finally got one. The record is sealed and in mint condition. I haven't had time to open it yet, but soon I will. I am sure there is some super fan out there who would like it sealed but I would rather play it than keep it sealed.

Funny, I've been having the same debate with the same record. Won a copy from one of the band members on ebay a couple months ago, and still haven't opened it. I'm sure I'll open it eventually, probably because the prospect of selling it sealed doesn't quite outweigh not getting to hear it.

Funny, I've been having the same debate with the same record. Won a copy from one of the band members on ebay a couple months ago, and still haven't opened it. I'm sure I'll open it eventually, probably because the prospect of selling it sealed doesn't quite outweigh not getting to hear it.

great album, I just cant see why it stayed sealed for so many years.

i heard keeping record wrapped actually can damage them over time, one of those ways is pressure on the corners, and i heard it can also do some kind of harm to the vinyl due to some kind of wear, just something i heard, not sure of course, just putting that out there if maybe anyone else heard similar things.

great album, I just cant see why it stayed sealed for so many years.

I know in my case, he was unloading his personal stash. Probably figured early on that keeping everything wrapped up would work out better in the long run. He cleared over $1000 on everything he sold, so I guess it did.

The only record I've never opened is the US version of Nirvana's Incesticide. I already had the UK version for playing purposes. But I don't know why I've never cracked it open. For some reason, I kind of like it sealed. I can't imagine ever selling it. Weird.

As for record jackets getting damaged by leaving them in the shrink, I think it all depends on how tight the shrink wrap is. I think it's more of a potential problem with newer records for some reason. I just bought a bunch of sealed rock/metal records from the early 80s and they are still sealed and in perfect condition. My dad still comes across sealed 70s records on occasion and they are always fine. And records earlier than that typically had loose shrink wraps, almost like the records were in a bag.