Ever get tired of seeing the same albums?

This was spawned, in part, my the reissues thread but it's just a peeve of mine. I go to a couple of stores on a fairly regular basis and they always seem to have a couple of albums that never sell and just sit there for months on end. Every time I flip through there's the same Dayglo Abortions albums, the same Dictators albums and the same cursive albums. There's a ton of others but I went through and marked a few of them one time (just to see if it was the same record or just new copies) and months later they're still there, in some cases there are more copies of the same album even though the original is still there.

I know they have to keep a full stock but sometimes I'm amazed how much stuff they have the will never sell.

Yeah. How do you think the people that run the store feel though? For the most part, stores cannot return vinyl to distributors so if a store commits to buying copies of vinyl, it's usually a one way or else transaction.

Also you should pick up the Dictators records as well.

Guest drawthecurtains

you have more than zero gaslight anthem albums, therefore anything you say quite frankly is unimportant and shouldn't be expressed on any forum, nor anywhere for that matter.

Yeah. How do you think the people that run the store feel though? For the most part, stores cannot return vinyl to distributors so if a store commits to buying copies of vinyl, it's usually a one way or else transaction.

Also you should pick up the Dictators records as well.

I can understand but why are they seemingly stockpiling copies of shit that isn't selling. They have original copies of records and then they have the deluxe 180g reissues, neither of which is selling.

I do get that they're typically stuck with current stock until it sells but why get more of an album that isn't moving?

i would probably slap customers after the 100th person who is coming up asking "is this the limited to 28 splatter version, or the limited to 33 five way split color version?"

either buy the record or get the fuck out. haha.

a lot of time stores buy stock from another store, etc, and get a sweet deal, and end up getting stuck with 10 copies of some shitty record.

i know personally with the distro, i have 30 copies of records that have never sold a cingle copy, and i still end up getting more in. ill buy some old distro and get sweet shit that sells, and makes it worth it, but along with the good stuff i get a handful of old crappy stuff that no one wants.

you have more than zero gaslight anthem albums, therefore anything you say quite frankly is unimportant and shouldn't be expressed on any forum, nor anywhere for that matter.

pretty harsh and random... but it still made me laugh. people S this bands D all day long on this board.

It doesn't really bother me.

What bothers me is when I look through the bins and find albums by bands I like, but it doesn't say what color the pressing is, or give any information and when I ask the people working there they are no help.

That is what I get tired of.

that that is a bitch

idk why they dont come w/ stickers on it

i love on the VC releases how it will say the color

I get sick of seeing the same albums for sale on ever sale list on this site, I get that stores order things and sometimes they dont sell for months on end, at least you know where a dayglo abortions LP is gonna be when you want it. You know whats really anoying, pizza places that use shitty topings.

pretty harsh and random... but it still made me laugh. people S this bands D all day long on this board.

As opposed to people making the same fucking jokes and complaints about Gaslight Anthem fans all day long. At least with Gaslight collecting fuckers seem some variation.

i hate going to a record store only to find out that i have never even heard of %95 of what they are selling, stop selling all this stupid pretentious hipster shit

What bothers me is how little record stores seem to shuffle their stock and mark stuff down. I picked up a copy of Jejune's This Afternoon's Malady picture disc at a record store last year, and the price tag also had the month and year of when the price was printed (a lot of price guns do this). The album was $13.98, and it had been in the store since 07/00.

That means this record had been sitting there for OVER SEVEN YEARS and had NEVER been marked down. That is seriously mindblowing to me.

What bothers me is how little record stores seem to shuffle their stock and mark stuff down. I picked up a copy of Jejune's This Afternoon's Malady picture disc at a record store last year, and the price tag also had the month and year of when the price was printed (a lot of price guns do this). The album was $13.98, and it had been in the store since 07/00.

That means this record had been sitting there for OVER SEVEN YEARS and had NEVER been marked down. That is seriously mindblowing to me.

Haha this is a bit of a stretch but I think ill share it anyways. I was at Barnes And Nobles the other day flipping through the overpriced cd's and their was copies of Greenday cd's(insomniac,dookie,nimrod,warning) and they all had stickers "coming in 2001 Green Day International Superhits" and their were all prics at 18.98. so theve been their for Seven years as well, with no mark downs. It's funny though cause its Greenday probably the biggest punk band of all time.