high fives for free TVs

Guest conoley

Guest conoley

Awesome score. I bought a broken 40" Sony HDTV off a friend last week. He says it was a gift, I say it may have been stolen, but who knows. Paid $70 for it. It was nearly new, so I called Sony and asked about the warranty and they said they couldn't do anything because I have no receipt and can't prove it was from an authorized retailer. When I asked them if they could find if it was stolen, they said they couldn't.

So I walk into Wal-Mart today with the TV, no box, no receipt and say "Can I return this? It's broken, but I have no receipt." They had no problem with it, so I moved down to the 32" model and got my Christmas shopping done with the remaining money.

Life is good today.

hahaha yea walmart will accept ANYTHING

i drove from boston to san diego two years ago and my aunt bought me a bunch of random clothes...

i walk into a walmart in arizona and say...um i don't have a recipt for these but i do have the tags...they gave me 60 or so bucks in a GC

so fucking rad

i ended up SD bought an air matress...slept on it for 2 months then returned it!

best score ever!

i know a lot of people have shot low-budget movies with wal*mart's return policy. 90 days and you can return ANYTHING

On a similar note, I know many musicians who record albums with "loaned" gear from Guitar Center on the same principle. Not sure what GC's return policy is (it might even just be 24 hours), but I know many guitarists who will raid their pedal section for overdubs, then return them all the next morning.

i know a lot of people have shot low-budget movies with wal*mart's return policy. 90 days and you can return ANYTHING

On a similar note, I know many musicians who record albums with "loaned" gear from Guitar Center on the same principle. Not sure what GC's return policy is (it might even just be 24 hours), but I know many guitarists who will raid their pedal section for overdubs, then return them all the next morning.

guitar center seems to have the loosest return policy ever. i was on tour with a band last year, the bass head took a shit, so we stopped at gc, bought a new one, did a 6 week tour, and returned it to a different guitar center in la at the end of the tour. they refunded every penny.

when the ps3s came out and then sold out, i got a tip that walmart was getting some. so i showed up and bought a tent, sleeping bag, and a bunch of camping shit. then i set it up outside and stayed the night. got my ps3 the next morning at customer service. went outside, broke things down, and went and returned it. it was great.