Were these ever made?

• 2 months later...

I've seen the Bible on LP at a thrift store. Yellow vinyl! I forget how many LPs, like 60 and it may have just been the new testament. I came in white binders similar to the ones they would use for multiple 78 sets.

Charlton Heston has several LPs reading passages from the Bible.

As for that David Bowie/Peter the Wolf LP on green vinyl, I have it, but I can't imagine it being hard to find as I've seen dozens of copies over the years.

Yeah, Thrift stores are the shits for obscure record finds! My friend got a US propaganda disc of some preacher ranting to something like 3000 people about how dangerous communism was. It's rediculous. Theres tons of spoken records and readings.

Also thrifts tend to have sweet ass collections of international music from the 60s and 70s. I picked up a german drinking songs lp and a 3 disc collection of traditional hawaiian songs from a salvation army

well hell, anyone else remember the flexi discs that McDonalds put into newspapers that had the Big Mac song on it?

and if it had a mistake you won something?

yeah, that was awesome.

totally forgot about that.

Incorrect. It was not a Big Mac song. it was the McDonalds Menu Song.

I still have this, I'll didg it out and take a picture of it. here are the lyrics:

Big Mac, McDLT, a Quarter Pounder with some cheese, Filet-O-Fish, a hamburger, a cheeseburger, a Happy Meal. McNuggets, tasty golden french fries, regular or larger size, and salads: chef or garden, or a chicken salad oriental. Big Big Breakfast, Egg McMuffin, hot hot cakes, and sausage. Maybe biscuits, bacon, egg and cheese, a sausage, danish, hash browns too. And for dessert hot apple pies, and sundaes three varieties, a soft-serve cone, three kinds of shakes, and chocolatey chip cookies. And to drink a Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, and orange drink, A Sprite and coffee, decaf too, A lowfat milk, also an orange juice. I love McDonald's, good time great taste, and I get this all at one place...

aren't most audio books like 15 hours long? I'd imagine that the ones on vinyl are short stories or kids books while novels came about with cassettes. I don't know, I'm not a doctor.

well i was looking at The Hobbit on eBay, and I'm pretty sure it was the full novel.

It was on 4XLP:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260227939478