dude leaves a gun at my hotel

matt

I love having other people who work at hotels on this board! I don't understand how you would possibly forget your gun at a hotel. Wicked sketchy! One time a guest checked into her room and found a vibrator in the drawer. Obviously she called and someone had to go take it from her room. She got a new room/comped stay and whatever else. They brought it down to housekeeping and apparently someone took it off of the cart it was sitting on before being thrown out. I... just don't know.

It's 100% illegal to send firearms in the mail. This guy is retarded.

Guns can be sent via fedex, but unless that guy is a dealer, carrier, etc etc, you can't send it.. also the gun must be taken apart, the firing pin sent in another package.. basically making the gun inoperable.

Also the USPS, DHL, and FED EX has the right to refuse to mail it for you.. so he's pretty much fucked unless he comes back and gets it...

Is it at least a handgun worth going back for? And if he doesnt it's probably in the interest of the hotel to notify the police. If he's in fact a licenced carrier they'll know. if not he's in a whole lot of trouble for carrying a illegal firearm.. Especially if he's from out of state and carrying it over state lines. He may get his license suspended for even leaving it at the hotel.. dumbshit...

its in the hands of the general manager now.

shes been notified and will be speaking with him come tuesday.

he is from vegas so the gun did in fact travel through statelines.

dude seemed so surprised i wouldnt agree to mail it to him.

i know shit about guns besides the fact that im freaked out by them but my guess its some sort of revolver.

Guest baseball

I'd chuck the gun down a sewer or into the river. You'd get to feel like a bad ass gangster without having to do the hit or lose your own gun.

my roomate used to work at a hotel. from what i gathered from his stories, it seemed like it may have been one of the most entertaining jobs ever. now granted im from jersey... but dude had stories of random truckers just coming to "hang out" in the hotel lobby, tons of prostitutes... who clearly used the hotel as a place of "business" and just random drunken and drugged up strangers with incredible stories. he always would tell me about this drawer they had that was sort of like a "lost and found" only it was basically filled up with weed, cocaine, and guns... as if they were going to give it back if someone came looking for it. anyway, i asked him why they wouldnt just report it and be done... and he tells me about an occasion where they found a gun in a room after the people checked out. the manager called the police, and the detective showed up to collect the weapon. when he took the gun away from the manager of the hotel... he aparently shot the dude in the leg... sending him to the hospital. haha man. i really need a job at a hotel.

see its one thing if i was at some shifty hotel but this is a fucking tourist/family hotel across the fucking street from disneyland. we dont have a lot of wild stories besides some crazys wandering outside naked or someone shitting in a hallway. what the fuck are you bringing a gun here for?