Jimmy Eat World - Clarity UPDATE

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much are these going for at the shows? I'm not gonna be able to make it to any because they are all too far away.

If someone could pick me up a copy and ship it, I'd be glad to pay in advance.

I don't want to buy a awfully hideous t-shirt and $7.50 shipping... but if I have to I probably will.

They are 25$ at the show not bad and you do not hafta get that crap t-shirt.

How much are these going for at the shows? I'm not gonna be able to make it to any because they are all too far away.

If someone could pick me up a copy and ship it, I'd be glad to pay in advance.

I don't want to buy a awfully hideous t-shirt and $7.50 shipping... but if I have to I probably will.

They are 25$ at the show not bad and you do not hafta get that crap t-shirt.

Well that makes me feel a little better for paying $30 for it. Since the show is nowhere around here.

what's so bad about the two additional tracks? would you prefer they put the first 6 minutes of sky harbor on the c side and finished it on the d side? wtf?

No. Just the same as it is just without the bonus tracks. This would make the quality on the C side better. Also, you're inserting two tracks in the midst of an album, effectively killing whatever flow there might be. Plus, who really want to hear a demo of the Sweetness?

i've heard the demo of sweetness. its actually pretty good. its a studio demo and sounds very clarity-esque. they recorded it for clarity but it never made it on the album. the tracks arent going to kill any flow. they wouldnt have done it if it would ruin the sound quality. i've heard records that are 25 minutes on one side that sound better than some records with one five minute song on one side. if it's pressed well, it'll sound good.

The demo of Sweetness is fucking great. Way better than the album version.

so, is it the same demo version that was around when they were shopping Blead American for a label? It started with guitar first... and then, "Are you listening?"

I always like that line for the opening track (where it was on the demos) especially after what the band had been through with Capitol and considering all the fans this album would bring in.

The demo of Sweetness is fucking great. Way better than the album version.

so, is it the same demo version that was around when they were shopping Blead American for a label? It started with guitar first... and then, "Are you listening?"

I always like that line for the opening track (where it was on the demos) especially after what the band had been through with Capitol and considering all the fans this album would bring in.

I think this is also the same demo version that has the acoustic guitar in the bridge, which they dropped for the album.

I think this is also the same demo version that has the acoustic guitar in the bridge, which they dropped for the album.

actually, the version on the reissue is a shorter version of the demo with the acoustic guitar solo and without the acoustic guitar solo. this is the same version that was included on the Japanese pressing of the Singles album from 1999.

I'm sayin'.

Are you coming down for the Chicago show this weekend, dude?

Sadly, no. I was unable to get tickets. I'm still kicking myself pretty hard over that. I'm gonna be seeing Maritime instead, I guess. Ehhh.

That said, I know everyone here really wants to get their Clarity repress on... if anyone could be so goodly as to grab one for me, I would be appreciative.

Actually, if it's $25 at shows, after shipping, I may as well pay the extra few bucks and take the shirt. I could wear it...bowling. Or something. Shits.