Chuck / TLO Split...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yah why is everyone complaining? sure i could probably get it for $3 cheaper from another label but $6 to ship a 7" to Canada is nothing. check ebay shipping prices for real bullshit.

are you serious? i don't think i've ever ordered a 7" thinking it is alright to pay $6 for shipping. i just bought one on ebay and was charged $4. sure it's only a couple of bucks, but it doesn't change the fact that when it shows up, the postage stamp will almost always say $3. i've ordered countless 7"s from distros and only been charged $2-$3.

i don't know where you're ordering from.

yah why is everyone complaining? sure i could probably get it for $3 cheaper from another label but $6 to ship a 7" to Canada is nothing. check ebay shipping prices for real bullshit.

are you serious? i don't think i've ever ordered a 7" thinking it is alright to pay $6 for shipping. i just bought one on ebay and was charged $4. sure it's only a couple of bucks, but it doesn't change the fact that when it shows up, the postage stamp will almost always say $3. i've ordered countless 7"s from distros and only been charged $2-$3.

i don't know where you're ordering from.

well as long as we're comparing it to other labels then yah its high. but a lot of people on ebay rape you. comparitively if i had ordered a 7 inch from fat wreck im sure it would've been $2 but some places have outrageously low shipping and some have high shipping. as a record collector i deal with it. plus this record is worth well over $15 to me so i guess i just care less than everyone else.

I got a 7" from 1234go! today that had $1.90 stamped on it.

yah no idea i believe has pretty cheap shipping to. i got a cd shipped to me for under $2 from fat wreck and i'm thinking shipping a 7" would be pretty similar.

i wish i had caught this in time when VC had them, but $11 ppd isnt too bad for a 7" that has been tough to track down, and will probably get a little harder. not that $6 shipping is justified, im just trying to consider it as a whole. ive never cared for the loved ones, but i always like covers. i dont really like muff potter, but their cover of the boat is still fun to listen to.

plus this 7" isn't the greatest either...the Loved Ones version of the Chuck song is pretty bad...but it seems they excel at being a mediocre band.

wow. you're saying that about TLO? don't get me started on chuck.

yes. Chuck Ragan solo stuff may not be technically all that special musically...but what does make it special is Chuck. Everything I've heard from TLO has been pretty uninspiring.

Hey, I got this today. However it came in an envelope. It did have two pieces of cardboard and tape wrapped around, but the 7" was halfway out of the cardboard and had packing tape on the cover which messed up the cover which goes well with a nice banged up corner. this is what 13 dollars gets you. I'm eager to see how everyone elses came.

Hey, I got this today. However it came in an envelope. It did have two pieces of cardboard and tape wrapped around, but the 7" was halfway out of the cardboard and had packing tape on the cover which messed up the cover which goes well with a nice banged up corner. this is what 13 dollars gets you. I'm eager to see how everyone elses came.

did yours come from VC or chuck himself? Shitty deal, I've lucked out so far when it comes to shipping. Pics?