Christian Bale being awesome.

Honestly, it makes sense to me. I mean, it's a bit of a dick move but Bale is an insanely intense actor. This is the dude who dropped to 121 pounds for the machinist. He's the last guy I'd fuck with. Plus it's rookie day one shit to not walk on a scene in the middle of filming. I took film classes in college and even in all our shitty projects you know how many people walked in front of the scene? Not one. To do it twice is almost impossible if you're not being intentional.

That said, he does sound like a dick.

Honestly, it makes sense to me. I mean, it's a bit of a dick move but Bale is an insanely intense actor. This is the dude who dropped to 121 pounds for the machinist. He's the last guy I'd fuck with. Plus it's rookie day one shit to not walk on a scene in the middle of filming. I took film classes in college and even in all our shitty projects you know how many people walked in front of the scene? Not one. To do it twice is almost impossible if you're not being intentional.

That said, he does sound like a dick.

I'm in total agreement with this. And I'm hoping this was after many, many hours of shooting where Bale simply had no patience for this hence the reaction.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

document.write('+':vuob60r8]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':vuob60r8]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Also, let's be honest, he's working on the fourth Terminator. Some of that screaming is likely just misplaced anger as Bale comes to the horrific realization that he is, in a sense, staring in the Batman and Robin of the Terminator franchise.

Reading through his Wiki page, since I didn't know until I heard the tyrade he was British, he actually tried-out for Robin, so it says.

The more I hear this and the more I think about this, the more I'm just like "fuck that dude". You're acting. You're not preforming brain surgery. Not only are you acting, but you're acting in an action movie. This bullshit about him being an "intense actor" is just that. Give me a break. If he were so intense he would be able to ignore his surroundings.

The dude's a dick.

The more I hear this and the more I think about this, the more I'm just like "fuck that dude". You're acting. You're not preforming brain surgery. Not only are you acting, but you're acting in an action movie. This bullshit about him being an "intense actor" is just that. Give me a break. If he were so intense he would be able to ignore his surroundings.

The dude's a dick.

It's not a matter about ignoring his surroundings. The scene is ruined. He could sit there and run the scene through perfectly with someone pissing in his face, but can they use that? No. And they can't use a scene with a walking in the middle of it either. Like I said, Bale does come off as a bit of a prick and seriously should have reigned it in, especially since he's on a sound stage and someone was bound to be recording something.

Still, walking into a scene during recording twice is inexcusable and Bale was probably bitter that McG didn't rip the guy a new one the first time. It's the equivalent of walking into a studio while the band is recording and going, "Did you guys want some coffee?" Except, on a big budget action movie like this redoing a take can mean resetting special effects, pyrotechnics and god knows what else. Was Bale out of line? Maybe but in a situation like this, the guy would be damn lucky if he could get a job anywhere (walking into the scene twice) so a tongue lashing from an actor isn't a bad alternative.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

{

document.write('+':dtjt28qw]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':dtjt28qw]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

The dude's a dick.

It's not a matter about ignoring his surroundings. The scene is ruined. He could sit there and run the scene through perfectly with someone pissing in his face, but can they use that? No. And they can't use a scene with a walking in the middle of it either. Like I said, Bale does come off as a bit of a prick and seriously should have reigned it in, especially since he's on a sound stage and someone was bound to be recording something.

Still, walking into a scene during recording twice is inexcusable and Bale was probably bitter that McG didn't rip the guy a new one the first time. It's the equivalent of walking into a studio while the band is recording and going, "Did you guys want some coffee?" Except, on a big budget action movie like this redoing a take can mean resetting special effects, pyrotechnics and god knows what else. Was Bale out of line? Maybe but in a situation like this, the guy would be damn lucky if he could get a job anywhere (walking into the scene twice) so a tongue lashing from an actor isn't a bad alternative.

I'm gonna agree with dante (why do i still call him dante when i know his real name?). I've been on set watching a scene and laughed during one part and got chewed out for not being quite as the scene was rolling. and that was a indie film..

if you are a DP on a movie, what the fuck are you doing walking into a scene? also he must be really close if he's in the background...as usually they have SET PA's to make sure no one walked into a background scene while shooting. Hence why the director should have noted this the 1st time if it did happen. 2nd would have been uncalled for. a tongue lashing is better than a firing..

being on a set and being part of a movie is hectic. Even though things go wrong, its like a family. You've spent a lot of time preparing and what not, and by the time shooting comes around, fi anything happens you try to work things out for everyone.

If McG had thought Bale was being unreasonable and said something to anger him or upset him enough just for Bale to walk off, guess walk.. Stopping Production would be a disaster.. replaciing an actor would be so much worse. Possible funding would be cut, etc etc.. there are so many bad things that could have happened. Even stopping production for a day is a costly endeavor. replacing a DP isn't as easy as most think. DPs are like photographers.. everyone has their own style.. thereofore the style of the movie could have drastically changed depending on the day of shoot...

Firing a DP halfway during shooting would be like hiring a wedding planner and firing them the day before your wedding.. it's something you don't want too do if you can help it...

that DP will be lucky if he gets another job, but McG is the one to blame here. not only because he makes retarded movies and has a retarded pseudonym, but also because it happened once and then he let it happen again. any actor who takes their shit seriously probably would've done the same thing, albeit on a more mellow scale. if your director doesn't have control of the production he's wasting everyone's time and someone should step up. ideally it ought to be one of the ADs or a producer, but someone needs to do something.