Cable is fun!

So, our cable bill has snuck up a little bit each month and is now more than we were willing to pay. I figured I'd either cancel and sign up for a cheaper company or call and see where it goes.

So, I call the cable company and select "Cancel or downgrade my service"...wait...wait...wait...About 8 minutes of hold music. Finally I get someone on the line and I tell them I'd like to cancel my service. "why", she asks. "Because it's been getting more and more expensive each month and I have no urge to pay $** a month for your services". "well you signed up for an introductory service and that period ended and that's why it's more expensive", she replied confidently. "Each month?" I inquired, more frustrated than quizzical. "Let me look into that", she says, less confident. Finally after a few minutes she comes back and says, "We can offer you a package that's only $14 more than your original introductory package". "Is the service any different than what I have now?" "No, it's the exact same, just at a different price".

"Yeah, let's do that".

So, now I'm getting the exact same service I was receiving before but at $45 (or so) a month less. Seriously...thanks Comcast for being such epic douchebags.

I pay $127.80 a month for cable and internet through Time Warner Cable, and it does not work half the time. I fucking hate that they are the only cable company in pretty much the entire state. I'm waiting for ATT to come to my side of town. I think I may downgrade my cable to only basic channels here soon, since it is such a a waste to have all the HD extras and crap that never work right.

when i signed up for bellsouth they said they didnt offer stand alone dsl. after around three months of paying about $100 for home phone and fast access dsl i called them to cancel. i sat on the phone for about 45 minutes so i was extremely pissed when i finally got someone. needless to say i didnt cancel and now pay $48 for the fasteset stand alone dsl they offer.

I have to go down to my local cable provider, Charter, every 6 months to get a new "deal" on my cable and internet. I usually pay around $65 for cable and internet. Then for 1 month I pay $95, then it's back to $65 for 5 months, etc. Stupid cycle. Why not just give it to me at $65 and be done with it already. I think they do this because most people don't realize they can get a better rate every 6 months.

I just had the cable line from my house to the main line in the neighborhood replace, and it did not improve my TV much. On demand channels take like 10 mins to load up, and sometimes I only get audio or a really pixelated picture. My internet works better, but depending on the router I'm using I can't surf the web or play on xbox live (I'm sure that is the routers fault though). My parents have been battling with TWC for almost a year now. The TV and web go out completely each time it rains or snow melts, and they always come out and say the lines are fine and don't do shit about it.

I'm paying $65 right now for the most basic cable and Internet through Comcast. It's a promo for 6-months. As soon as that six-months is up I'm canning the TV. I only have cable to watch hockey games. My g/f only watches the Food Network (which is great, because she's a solid cook).

Anyways...

I had this great idea the other day. I have an HDTV, but I wasn't paying Comcast more money for that crap. So I took off their stupid box and plugged the cable into my TV. Scanned for the channels. BAM! I have all the lower level channels in HD.

I'm paying $65 right now for the most basic cable and Internet through Comcast. It's a promo for 6-months. As soon as that six-months is up I'm canning the TV. I only have cable to watch hockey games. My g/f only watches the Food Network (which is great, because she's a solid cook).

Anyways...

I had this great idea the other day. I have an HDTV, but I wasn't paying Comcast more money for that crap. So I took off their stupid box and plugged the cable into my TV. Scanned for the channels. BAM! I have all the lower level channels in HD.

In HD? Really? I would figure you'd get the channels but they wouldn't all be in HD.

comcast's service is the shittiest thing ever. they are starting to take away channels if you don't have a DVR or some kind of digital box. interent sevice cuts in and out, TV freezes for periods of 20-30 minutes straight, and their techs/service men have the education of a 1st grader. but unfortunately they're the only option unless i want to switch to satellite or change to a slow ass internet connection. they also tried billing me monthly for my modem that i've owned since i got the internet hooked up.

I pay $127.80 a month for cable and internet through Time Warner Cable, and it does not work half the time. I fucking hate that they are the only cable company in pretty much the entire state. I'm waiting for ATT to come to my side of town. I think I may downgrade my cable to only basic channels here soon, since it is such a a waste to have all the HD extras and crap that never work right.

I had issues with internet through Time Warner in my apartment. They switched out the router 5 times before I fixed the issue with some duct tape on the connection box in our living room. Stupid fucks.

No issues at my house though (knocks on wood). We have TV, net and phone through them.