Is The MCD Box Set Worth $150?

The band just posted a blog on their site saying that because of the exchange rate they'll be selling the box for $200 tonight in Vancouver! Holy fuck, that's retarded! If they sell each LP for $15 that would total $60... so the question is are the rest of the contents worth $140? I highly doubt it. I don't think i even have a spare $200 to spend on this. Bum out.

$150 is an insane amount for a band to charge for a box set . Granted , I'm sure its fuckin bad ass and all . I guess when it comes down to it the band reaps the benefits . Hopefully this will deter the flippers .

doesnt look like it bothered the flippers at all. here is one from the show last night

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220362678776

if anyone would pick me up one ill make it worth your while

Was able to grab me a box set and didn't even have to stand in line! My friends work there so they just went in before they opened the door and bought it for me.

Anyways, I'm kinda disappointed by the box set. It's just the 4 LPs in a thin cardboard box and a black evelope with some stuff in it. I don't see how they justified selling it for $150, it reeks of greed. I'm going to consider selling it.* I dunno, it's pretty cool that it's limited and all that, plus I got number 007/250 which is neat. I just can't get over the fact that they could have sold this for half the price and still made money off it.

*PLEASE DO NOT PM/EMAIL/RESPOND ASKING ABOUT THE BOX. If I do decide to sell it I will put up a post about it. Also, if I do sell it will be for cost + shipping, no gouging here.

$150x250 copies = $37,500.

Like I said earlier , retarded . I could see if the band paid out of pocket to have 250 copies of each record pressed specifically for these sets, but that's not the case . The fact that there's random shit tossed in each one to make it unique is pretty cool, not 150 beans of cool in my book . Anyway , congrats to any die hard fans that snagged this at the shows.

Was able to grab me a box set and didn't even have to stand in line! My friends work there so they just went in before they opened the door and bought it for me.

Anyways, I'm kinda disappointed by the box set. It's just the 4 LPs in a thin cardboard box and a black evelope with some stuff in it. I don't see how they justified selling it for $150, it reeks of greed. I'm going to consider selling it.* I dunno, it's pretty cool that it's limited and all that, plus I got number 007/250 which is neat. I just can't get over the fact that they could have sold this for half the price and still made money off it.

*PLEASE DO NOT PM/EMAIL/RESPOND ASKING ABOUT THE BOX. If I do decide to sell it I will put up a post about it. Also, if I do sell it will be for cost + shipping, no gouging here.

ahh. prepare to internet creepyness. so i recognize marty and all but wasnt sure if that was you. turns out it was.

i was thinking about the same thing last night. after hearing the price i knew i didnt need to get this. just thinking about how much money they are potentially making of the boxsets alone is astounding. i dont have a problem with anyone or any band making money by any means but jimminy jillikers this is a lot of dough for the box. after getting the box i ended up going back to my car. i was going to get the 3 other lps for myself later on in the night but i ended up going to a local record store in the interim and bought them there.

ahh. prepare to internet creepyness. so i recognize marty and all but wasnt sure if that was you. turns out it was.

i was thinking about the same thing last night. after hearing the price i knew i didnt need to get this. just thinking about how much money they are potentially making of the boxsets alone is astounding. i dont have a problem with anyone or any band making money by any means but jimminy jillikers this is a lot of dough for the box. after getting the box i ended up going back to my car. i was going to get the 3 other lps for myself later on in the night but i ended up going to a local record store in the interim and bought them there.

Haha not creepy at all. To be honest I felt like everyone was staring at me as I walked past them with that box set under my arms that they had been waiting in line an hour and a half for. I was kinda worried someone was going to follow me to my car, beat me up and take my copy!

Anyways, I got to the venue at 5:45 but Marty offered to buy the set for me so we sat in the bar instead of standing in line!

Next time we'll get some beers before the show together!

Haha not creepy at all. To be honest I felt like everyone was staring at me as I walked past them with that box set under my arms that they had been waiting in line an hour and a half for. I was kinda worried someone was going to follow me to my car, beat me up and take my copy!

Anyways, I got to the venue at 5:45 but Marty offered to buy the set for me so we sat in the bar instead of standing in line!

Next time we'll get some beers before the show together!

i thought the same thing.... minus the beers