Question for you, should we carry Fat Wreck CDs?

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

Fat Wreck recently announced that they are dropping their wholesale prices to the point that if we carried their CDs, we would be able to sell them in our store for around $6.99 to $7.99. That is such a great price, I am considering carrying their CDs. How many of you actually buy CDs or rather, would buy CDs? I am thinking about carrying CDs from certain labels but want to know your thoughts. thanks for sharing.

Guest Admin
it can't hurt...but if you do, it'll open you up to people whining that you're not carrying EVERYONE'S CDs and I think that will be come a pain in the ass.

that's true, but I might make my criteria for selling CDs is if we can sell them for a really low price or get them for a really low price from the label. but yeah, it could open up a can of worms.

I only buy CDs if the album is not available on Vinyl, but it probably wouldn't hurt to stock a few. Saying that a lot of people come to Vinyl Collective, for exactly that, vinyl. It might be hard to shift CDs and would take up valuable warehouse space that could be stocked with more vinyl. If it was up to me i would probably say no.

I don't mind CD's, although any I release in the future will be almost entirely plastic free packaging. I can't quite justify buying both the vinyl and CD versions of releases, but about half the time I want the CD so I can listen to it in cars and put it on my Ipod and always have the digital backup. To me, CD's are almost like mp3 releases but with better art and more options.

All in all, I don't see how it would hurt, and if you never could sell them you could run some special down the road; I realize that shouldn't be your initial goal.

it already being said that VC is for vinyl, I think the demand wouldn't be there. How many people buy from online sites such as this one, when they could go to the store and get the vinyl for ABOUT the same price (dont have to pay shipping)? I dont think that many. People buy from here because they dont have any brick and mortar store to buy the same release from. If I had the option of buying an LP for $12 + $3 shipping online, or pay $15 at my local store, i'll probably just go to the store. Problem is, the store doesnt exist, especially when VC and online companies have exclusive colors, etc.

For CDs this is not really the case, especially with fat. i can definately go to best buy and get the CD for about the same price, within a dollar or two probably. Thats the difference.

And theres the whole downloading thing. how many people here BUY CDs anyway?