Bane - Give Blood

1 hour ago, xfactor675 said:

Nah, I'm not buying this at all, and usually get nonsense in other topics when I argue about prices, so trust me I'm with you.

But expecting 20 on an equal vision release is a bit wild. They are doing 25 bucks single LPs for years now. So yeah the other 14 is the cross die-cut sleeve , and we have arrived🤣 But do I like the trend? obviously not...

Right on. Honestly at $25 I'd probably be in for this just for nostalgia sake. The pricing trends recently just drive me nuts!

8 hours ago, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

I mean, I get that you're kind of agreeing with me, but if you're buying this shit at this price it's too much.

As far as singke LPs go you can get everything from Dischord, Fat Wreck, a bunch of stuff from polyvinyl and the like around that price, a ton of bands self releasing, and major label stuff like...a month after it releases because it gets discounted hard because nobody wants to pay $30 for the new Ozzy record, Beatles reissue, etc.

Even bump it up to $24 and you see a shit ton of bands putting out basic 1xLPs in that range. $35 plus shipping is outrageous for a single LP and just acting like it's normal to pay those prices will just continue the increase in price from greedy labels.

I'll wait this out, and if I miss it I miss it. But I have a feeling I'll land one below $30 shipped in the near future.

Bingo. EVR does sales all the time and if this is still in stock it'll be cheaper then. I started keeping a list of records I want that aren't my favorite bands or quick sellouts and it's been working out in my favor waiting for promotions, used copies, etc. This record looks nice but not $40-50 nice (and not selling out proves that). It's been a hell of a week between this, Caspian, and Dethklok (and probably others I didn't see).

2 hours ago, N8TRU said:

Bingo. EVR does sales all the time and if this is still in stock it'll be cheaper then. I started keeping a list of records I want that aren't my favorite bands or quick sellouts and it's been working out in my favor waiting for promotions, used copies, etc. This record looks nice but not $40-50 nice (and not selling out proves that). It's been a hell of a week between this, Caspian, and Dethklok (and probably others I didn't see).

That crazy expensive Baroness album too, that Plaid Room sale, and the Target buy 2 get one free books/movies/music hammered my wallet the last little bit as well.

I might actually cancel that Baroness order depending on the next single. Hard to justify at the price point.

4 hours ago, N8TRU said:

I should start doing this. I'm not buying nostalgia/instant sellout represses and am primarily interested in buying new releases, just can't justify spending $40+ pre-ordering an album I've only heard maybe 2 singles from.

yeah I did buy a copy of this yesterday but common sense prevailed today when I realized I spent $50 for a single LP and also there are like 10 variants so I canceled my order and will just get one of these for less down the road haha

they should re-press the entire discography 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

It's wild how this didn't sell as fast as I think they thought it would 

Yeah, that price was egregious. If they'd even originally priced it at like... $30 shipped it probably would have sold out by now. $20 has become my limit for stuff like this that is really just nostalgia bait though and waiting it out has paid off more often than not.

That Spitalfield anniversary reissue and a couple other things were just on a big sale too, so I'm glad I didn't shell out for them at the initial prices.