Shepard Fairey's Bad Brains Art Print

OMGPosters:

Shepard Fairey has teamed up with photographer Glen E. Friedman and the legendary punk rock band Bad Brains for a new print release. This one is an 18" x 24" screenprint, has an edition of 425, and will be $120. The print is signed by Fairey, Friedman, and all of the original members of Bad Brains. It will drop sometime during the day on Thursday, March 26th. I don't know about you, but I will definitely be after one of these, what an awesome collaboration. Visit ObeyGiant.com.

[image]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest smccown13
How do you guys have all this money to buy all these expensive posters?

I have my tax return. I'm saving for a new car, but I can make one more frivolous purchase.

^^ Exactly. I am not a fan of his work...to me, it all seems pretty much the same in all the pieces he does. I remember when back in the day all he had done were those Andre The Giant pieces...but yeah, ever since his exposure to the mainstream thanks to the Obama pieces, people are snapping up anything and everything of his.

Lot's of shit happened before I was born. It doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have opinions about it. As far as I can tell, only one of the members of Bad Brains has openly come out and said he's no longer a homophobe. Until they apologize for calling everyone faggots, this band can go fuck themselves for all I care, and anyone who still supports them is, IMO, supporting bigotry. Just because they may be smart enough now to keep their stupid opinions to themselves doesn't make them any less bigoted.

And Skrewdriver's racist shit happened before I was born. Should I forgive them?

Comparing Bad Brains to Skrewdriver is astounding. Clearly both bands are very similar.

I'm not talking about style of music, or even type of hatred for that matter, I'm talking about your ridiculous argument that it happened a long time ago and therefore it doesn't matter.