Fest 8

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't in attendance for the house show/riot, but Jeff Rosenstock told me this is what went down:

400+ kids show up to house show, spilling out onto multiple yards and the street. Some woman drives down the street and kids jump on her car. She calls the cops. Cops show up and immediately things get escalated -- supposedly a group of kids attacked a cop (or possibly cops, plural) and so the Tazers came out. Jeff also said tear gas was deployed. He said it all happened in about the span of 2-3 minutes, but that it got really gnarly. But from his account and Flood's account (who was also there), they both made it sound like the police were acting in self defense more than anything else, because some dumbass punk kids thought it would be a bright idea to punch cops.

this is what Aarondanger (who was there also) said, except another cop was shooting the kids attacking the other cop with rubber bullets. And yes, if you throw a fucking bottle at a cop, what do you expect is gonna happen... Kids are fucking stupid sometimes.

not to mention that some kids on the 5th floor decided to put a slip n slide in the hallway.. the elevators were both soaked with water. the cleaning crew was not happy.

jimmythescumbag was making slip n slide jokes to the cops in the hallway...

was that cop thing at the house or the storage shed? apparently after i left a cop showed up to the storage shed and someone threw a cinder block into the back windshield of the cop car and then some kids rushed him and beat him up.

oh, fest rumors.

this is what i heard too. but no one seemed to be there when it happened, unlike the other incident with the tazering, bottles, cops being jumped, and what not.. that's pretty much all true.

i think barrie incited the whole riot!!!! :P (if you're reading this, i'm kidding.. don't hate)

PS. gator dawgs is highly overrated. and don't ever eat at Raggae Shack unless you order now for pickup, you might get it around saturday of FEST 9.

I had a really good time this FEST and met a whole ton of new boardies along with a few new people. I saw Corey (melvin scam) get tackled.

Best story of the fest: Aaron's friend Casey telling some crusty punk to sell his ipod when he was asked if he had spare change...or if he wanted money or to dip into his "CRUST FUND"

TOM: sorry we couldn't get you into the hotel to eat with us... i had already told them i only had two people coming with me... I'll make it up to you next year

Everyone else, i had a great time hanging out..... see you next year!!!!!!!

PS. gator dawgs is highly overrated. and don't ever eat at Raggae Shack unless you order now for pickup, you might get it around saturday of FEST 9.

haha. when we ordered from there last year, i totally waited there for like 40 minutes, then i had to tell the lady to hold my order and i'd come back after the mouthbreather set and pick it up. slowest restaurant ever.

Finally back from G-ville, and am still stoked on the weekend. Had a great time meeting and/or hanging out with Mike, Lydia, Aaron, Matt, Nicole, Scott, Justin, Patrick, Tom, Chuckd, and anyone else whose name escapes me at the time. Great times/bands/people.

As far as who I saw:

Thursday (Tampa pre-fest night 2) - Off With Their Heads, The Measure (SA), Defiance, Ohio, Tiltwheel, Monikers, Cheap Girls, Failures Union, Static Radio, Vena Cava, Pretty Boy Thorson, Smalltown, King Friday, Madison Bloodbath, God Damn Doo Wop Band, The Arteries, Banner Pilot, and Brothers.

Friday - The Catalyst, Magrudergrind, Iron Lung, Young Widows, Coliseum, Russian Circles, Torche, some Coalesce, some 7 Seconds, some Clairmel.

Saturday - Guiltmaker, some City of Ships (fucking amazing with the new drummer...ex-Riddle of Steel!), heard (but didn't see) some Capsule and Pulling Teeth (1982 is too small for this kinda thing), Dead To Me, Toys That Kill, some of The Takers and Tim Barry, some Snuff, some Averkiou, some Hawks & Doves, some Stoned At Heart.

Sunday - The Tim Version, Sick Sick Birds, The Underground Railroad To Candyland (favorite set of the weekend), some Pretty Boy Thorson, most of Trash Talk's short ass set, American Cheeseburger (so good), the last few songs of Youth Brigade, and last, but not least, Samiam.

Picked up some good records as well, and had some killer chow (minus the ridiculous wait at Reggae Shack). Would recommend anyone who has yet to make it to Fest to just go. Even if you aren't too stoked on the bands, you get to experience the magic and meet a bunch of cool/crazy characters along the way. Next year should be epic, unless the rumors of no Fest in 2010 are true.

i saw a dude crash his motorcycle and his pasenger get thrown into the street.

i also tried to start a rumor that owth was playing gaslight anthems "sink or swim" front to back.

i tried to tackle brian at the venue, he reversed and kicked me down the stairs, some dude told me to "look out for the stairs"

Yeah, last night i was able to meet jimmythescumbag( Santiago), casey, dynamitekid(patrick) and nicole, and kyle corn. all good people.
Finally back from G-ville, and am still stoked on the weekend. Had a great time meeting and/or hanging out with Mike, Lydia, Aaron, Matt, Nicole, Scott, Justin, Patrick, Tom, Chuckd, and anyone else whose name escapes me at the time. Great times/bands/people

I'm assuming there's another Nicole on VC? Because, I most certainly was not at Fest. I was in Boston this weekend. And I heard about the brutal police craziness from another friend. Damn. Kids are stupid.

Maybe I'll be able to go next year.

I introduced myself to Vitty on Friday and he was not impressed. Either that, or he was already wasted at 11 a.m. and didn't understand me when I said, 'Hey, I'm Scott from VC."

oh you mean when i was running around like my dick was cut off trying to get 200 mailers put together in 20 minutes...

i enjoyed seeing you really happy during the ghost on friday night btw!

I introduced myself to Vitty on Friday and he was not impressed. Either that, or he was already wasted at 11 a.m. and didn't understand me when I said, 'Hey, I'm Scott from VC."

oh you mean when i was running around like my dick was cut off trying to get 200 mailers put together in 20 minutes...

i enjoyed seeing you really happy during the ghost on friday night btw!

I was really happy during the songs they played off This Is A Hospital, since that album rules hard, but overall, I found their set a bit underwhelming. Talk about random-ass song selection. No "By The Books"? No "Gem Mint Ten"? WTF, mate?