they don't have that where i'm from

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I visit DC a lot, and damned if I don't wish we had 5 Guys in Michigan. So good.

The Great Lakes states have Frog Ranch salsa, which is good shit. Michigan's got Faygo and Better Made potato chips, also good. We've also got a 70 mph speed limit on the freeways, and I miss that when I'm a lot of other places.

I'm pretty sure I need Rap Snacks though.

Has Culver's spread it's empire to states other than Wisconsin and Illinois? I hope so. Best fast food ever.

There is one by my boyfriend's place in Michigan. I've been there once, I don't remember what the food tasted like. The term "butterburger" doesn't really do it for me.

Haha. There's one real close to here, and even though people say it's good, I just haven't gone there for that very reason. Yarf.

and birdwell, I don't know how much the locations there cost...when I go in DC my bill is usually about 6.50 for a burger, fries and a drink.

There is one by my boyfriend's place in Michigan. I've been there once, I don't remember what the food tasted like. The term "butterburger" doesn't really do it for me.

Haha. There's one real close to here, and even though people say it's good, I just haven't gone there for that very reason. Yarf.

and birdwell, I don't know how much the locations there cost...when I go in DC my bill is usually about 6.50 for a burger, fries and a drink.

6.50?? holy shit...yeah, you can't get a burger alone for 6.50 at the locations here. ends up be'n about $10 for the single patty burger, fries, and a drink here. pretty sure their sales would be increase if they lowered their prices to something around the 6.50 range.

Maybe it's closer to $7.50 now that I think about it. But that's for a bacon cheeseburger with a bunch of stuff on it, and usually you order one thing of fries for 2 people because in DC they give you a paper baggie full of them. All I know is, it's cheap, unhealthy as all hell, and delicious. Nothing I'd eat on a regular basis, because I don't want to have a heart attack in 4 years.

I would be really surprised if anyone on here knew what a horseshoe is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_sandwich

I have one everytime I go to Springfield!

same here, my brother's girlfriend is from Springfield and every time we've passed through we've gone. my asshole hurts for like a week afterwards but its so worth it.

Also Pizza is fucking Pizza. It doesn't matter if it is made in Chicago or New York. Its a myth made by New Yorkers and Chicagoans to deal with a childish fight.

I have one everytime I go to Springfield!

same here, my brother's girlfriend is from Springfield and every time we've passed through we've gone. my asshole hurts for like a week afterwards but its so worth it.

Also Pizza is fucking Pizza. It doesn't matter if it is made in Chicago or New York. Its a myth made by New Yorkers and Chicagoans to deal with a childish fight.

Do you remember where you guys went for horseshoes?

ok so i just realized that there are a lot of things here (central PA) that other people don't have. mainly regional food products.

my roommate from jersey and i used to play the 'they don't have that where i'm from' game all the time. so here's some stuff you guys probably dont have that you should:

middleswarth bbq potato chips. (hands down the best bbq chips i have ever had. ever.)

tastykake (see the coffee thread)

shoo fly pie

Backed x1000.

Especially on the BBQ Middleswarth chips!

Sadly I dont. It was in a strip mall looking place. Had buffalo chicken and fries and cheese

I'm from Ohio, but I live in Louisiana, so I'm gonna play the reverse. In Baton Rouge, we don't have:

White Castle

Max and Erma's

Chipotle

Steak and Shake

Donato's

Damon's

Schmidt's

Panera

Bob Evans

Buca di Beppo

Kroger

Meijer

Giant Eagle

Damn, it sucks.

fuck i miss steak and shake, we used to always go there at 330 in the morning in Kalamazoo, and get awesome food, shit anyplace i can get an awesome shake and some chicken at 330 in the morning is cool in my book.

Sadly I dont. It was in a strip mall looking place. Had buffalo chicken and fries and cheese

If it was in strip mall looking place i bet it was D'Arcy's Pint, which is now called Dublin's Pub. One of the best places to get a horseshoe for sure.

Things i miss about the places I've lived:

Albuquerque:

- Frontier Restaurant

Corpus Christi:

- Whataburger (probably the best fast food burger you'll have.. surely the best ketchup)

[image]

- Boat N Net (what we like to call the Mexican Red Lobster)

[image]

- just about any mexican restaurant.

- Hamlin Shopping Center Pharmacy (Greasy Hamburger and Real Malted Milkshakes)

- Bandas Seafood (you get only 3 fries with your order, but they are as long as your forearm)

Los Angeles

- Numero Uno El Salvadorian Restaurant (papusas and el salvadorian cole slaw are the bomb)

- Fat Burger (better than In & Out but far pricier)

- In & Out (holy fuck i miss this place... )

- The Griddle (pancakes about a 3/4" thick and a foot in diameter)

- Freds 62' (a tuna melt to die for)

San Antonio

- Rolandos Supertacos (you get the idea)

[image]

- Jailhouse Cafe (while the food is ok, i go for the enormous cinammon roll)

[image]

- Pigstand (huge banana split)

philly area

- yeungling

- wawa

- tastykakes

- berwin tavern