Latest Sub Pop Singles of the Month record?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya , the whole series is really a letdown. Granted it wasn't that much to sign up and you can make more than your money back on ebay but it still would've been nice to get some good tunes each month. This latest single sounds like a bunch of stoned people with no guitar/songwriting talent messing around.

See I'm an idiot about it. I'll keep these shits until the bubble has burst on them and they're selling for $10 a pop.

Speaking of Sub Pop, I was perusing the used 7"s at Amoeba Hollywood the other day, and they had an entire box of older Sub Pop 7"s. I've toyed with the idea of trying to complete a Sub Pop 7" collection, so it crossed my mind to buy the whole box (most were priced between $.50 and $4.00), but I resisted. It's a monumental task, but I'm just gonna go for it passively I think.

See I'm an idiot about it. I'll keep these shits until the bubble has burst on them and they're selling for $10 a pop.

Speaking of Sub Pop, I was perusing the used 7"s at Amoeba Hollywood the other day, and they had an entire box of older Sub Pop 7"s. I've toyed with the idea of trying to complete a Sub Pop 7" collection, so it crossed my mind to buy the whole box (most were priced between $.50 and $4.00), but I resisted. It's a monumental task, but I'm just gonna go for it passively I think.

Did they have Pedro the Lion? It looks like this:

[image]

I'd pay money for it.

the sub pop singles club has been awesome.i love hearing music by new bands i never heard of but to be fair subpop have put well known bands out in different genres anyone with their ears to the floorboards will know anyway, well respected underground bands such as circle and the oh sees is a major bonus in my eyes.xxx

• 1 month later...
the sub pop singles club has been awesome.i love hearing music by new bands i never heard of but to be fair subpop have put well known bands out in different genres anyone with their ears to the floorboards will know anyway, well respected underground bands such as circle and the oh sees is a major bonus in my eyes.xxx

Me too, thats why i joined the art of the underground 7" series and i couldnt be happier.