Holy Shiiiit! Pixies Boxset Unveiled

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't look at everything it comes with but $500 better include handers from kim and frank. Granted I don't like the pixies enough to justify buying even the $175 version but didn't all the lps just get reissued? I guess a super fan would need to own this but it would be reallllly difficult to justify that $500 price tag.

Here's what get's me. You get the CD's, the DVD's and the LP's of all the albums. Do you really need these albums in three mediums?

Also, the ultimate kick in the dick is the gold plated CDs. Seriously? It sounds no better than an ordinary CD. To quote David Cross, "Talk about the ultimate 'fuck you, poor people'".

I have the utmost respect for AinR which is the group putting this out...but yeah, I agree that $500 is too much.

I have no respect for anyone involved in this disgusting money grab.

The "Limited Edition" version is "limited" to 3000. THREE THOUSAND. That's not limited at all for an item that cost half a grand. Plus when they're pressing THAT many, the cost to make these are very low. Probably less than $50. If, by some miracle, they manage to sell all 3000 they stand to net 1.5 MILLION dollars off the sale of the "Limited Edition" version alone.

Let's say that they make 5000 of the "Deluxe Edition", which is probably conservative. That's another $875,000 to their net profit.

The balls of these fucks to release such over produced over priced bullshit in a recession. Fuck them all.

I think the price is pretty much on point for the "limited" one. There is a ton of stuff in the boxset and you dont price these things soley on what it cost to press the records and CD. I bet if you had the data and broke it down these were much more then $50 to produce and assemble. The labor involved in this looks huge. Waaaaaaaaay too much for me to spend but its a piece of art as much as a box set of records.

It looks incredible and I would love to have a copy for my table.

And how many people who think this is expensive has spent more the 25 bucks on a single record??

OR how many who think it is over-priced own more then 1 copy of the same record??

Ok sure a few million fans, who have been buying their stuff all along. None of it is hard to find at all and they just recently repressed the lps! I find it hard to believe that that many people are going to want to buy all the stuff that they already own just because its "limited".

If you're thinking of starting a pixies collection I would wait until this drops and everyone who buys this dumps their originals and ebay is flooded with them.

A+R also did the NIN - Ghosts I-IV packages including the massive edition one:

[image]

Nine Inch Nails Ultra Deluxe Limited Edition

Ghosts I-IV in a hard-bound fabric slipcase package on 2 audio CDs, 1 data DVD of all 36 tracks in multi-track format and a Blu-ray disc featuring the stereo recordings in high-definition 96/24 with a slide show. Also includes a large deluxe hard-bound 48-page art book. Exclusive to the limited edition is a deluxe hard case four-piece 180 gram vinyl set, and two limited edition Giclee prints in a luxurious package. Limited to 2500 pieces, numbered and signed by Trent Reznor.

...and that was $300...

I'm not trying to justify the price of the Pixies set but just giving you another idea of the work that A+R have done.