post your art collection!

i got into collecting art a couple of weeks ago (mostly from comic artists and cartoonists) and i think its an awesome hobby. like records, the hunt is awesome, and the prize is wholly original - one of one! most of my collection so far was from the san diego comic con last week.. heres some of the stuff i grabbed!

[image]

a sweet batman from eric talbot (works regularly on TMNT comics)

[image]

ash from the evil dead trilogy by the awesome chris moreno

[image]

maybe my favorite snatch from the con.. cherry darling from planet terror by one of my favorite artists.. katie cook.

[image]

a 30 second sketch from bill morrison (main guy behind simpson comics) of my favorite character hans moleman!

[image]

steve ellis (artist of high moon) did this sick werewolf/batman

[image]

there was an artist promoting her new comic for image.. she gave me a packet which i thought was full of stickers.. only to find this really sick free sketch in there when i got home! hope she gets big so i can find out her name!

[image]

an awesome "gory hulk" from chris burnham.. i was one of his first commissions so i scored this for only $25!

hopefully ill be able to post more soon!

anybody else have anything cool?

i got into collecting art a couple of weeks ago (mostly from comic artists and cartoonists) and i think its an awesome hobby. like records, the hunt is awesome, and the prize is wholly original - one of one! most of my collection so far was from the san diego comic con last week.. heres some of the stuff i grabbed!

[image]

ash from the evil dead trilogy by the awesome chris moreno

Dude, that is awesome. I'm a bit jealous!

i found a couple of the paintings i have around my place...

Im no serious art collector or any of that bullshit and just buy stuff that is fun. Most of my stuff i have gotten for free or really really cheap commissioned work. I guess im lucky to have a bunch of artistic friends.

Zombie

[image]

Frankenstein

[image]

Vampire drawing/painting on a blood drive flier:

[image]

Donny Darko anyone?

[image]

My Girlfriends old room mate was a fucking rad painting and gave us a ton of cool paintings for free...

Squirtgun

[image]

A pop tart and some abstract paintings she also gave us.

[image]

The thing at the end is a collage made out of construction paper that a friend gave me.

1 of the many paintings in my nerd room

[image]

Painting of my dog that was done for a fundraiser when our local human society burnt down a couple years ago. I was glad to give them money for a painting of my baby! :D

[image]

That's it for now, but ill try and post the rest later.

the blood drive one really gets me. i love it.

Yeah its always good for a smile

that Frankenstein painting rules.

thanks, im a sucker for anything related to classic monsters or zombies... oh and robots too.

i dug up a few more... This is pretty much everything, i think we have a few others packed away in the closet.

I gave some kid 60 bucks and a list of things i liked (which included lowbrow, coffee, my dog, records, monsters and creeps.) and a week later he gave me this.

[image]

Robot

[image]

Random animals.... i think these were from the humane society art show fundraiser too.

[image]

Robot in bathroom

[image]

My girlfriend's little animal collection

[image]

[image]

So I found this guy Matthew Ryan Sharp through a posting on OMGposters.com . It said he was selling some originals to make room for new stuff he was working on for upcoming shows. I ended up buying this piece from him at first.......

[image]

"Mid west Black Metal"

sorry about the glare. When I got it, I was way more impressed with it in person. I started exchanging emails with him and decided to buy another piece that I have had my eye on. It just showed up today. It's called "Putting the Man back in Pac-Man"

[image]

He threw in a bunch of goodies too including some magazines from around the country that he has been featured in, some gallery exhibit cards and some random art pieces he has done.

This was the first screen print he ever had made

[image]

This is blotter paper that a company called art on acid made. I guess they did a few other peoples work before calling it quits. It looks great in person.

[image]

This is a sheet of paper with his "ghosteez" figures drawn on it.

[image]

and this is a letterpress that he had made called obviously "crippled with fear"

[image]

He has a show next October in Cleveland that I will be attending. It will also be the release for his first book. I can't wait until i can get more stuff from this dude.

If you are interested his website is called www.itskindadark.com

So I found this guy Matthew Ryan Sharp through a posting on OMGposters.com . It said he was selling some originals to make room for new stuff he was working on for upcoming shows. I ended up buying this piece from him at first.......

[image]

"Mid west Black Metal"

sorry about the glare. When I got it, I was way more impressed with it in person. I started exchanging emails with him and decided to buy another piece that I have had my eye on. It just showed up today. It's called "Putting the Man back in Pac-Man"

[image]

He threw in a bunch of goodies too including some magazines from around the country that he has been featured in, some gallery exhibit cards and some random art pieces he has done.

This was the first screen print he ever had made

[image]

This is blotter paper that a company called art on acid made. I guess they did a few other peoples work before calling it quits. It looks great in person.

[image]

This is a sheet of paper with his "ghosteez" figures drawn on it.

[image]

and this is a letterpress that he had made called obviously "crippled with fear"

[image]

He has a show next October in Cleveland that I will be attending. It will also be the release for his first book. I can't wait until i can get more stuff from this dude.

If you are interested his website is called www.itskindadark.com

titties my friend. hit me up when you are in town.

• 4 weeks later...

We have a ton of art, a lot of it original but also some dope posters and stuff. Here's some of the original.

Dan Higgs -- Horse -- watercolor

[image]

Dan Higgs -- Alien tree or something -- watercolor

[image]

Web site art for www.oaklandchilders.com by Chris "Pee Wee" Levi -- ink on paper. There's also a Grails / Silver Apples poster on the far right.

[image]

This one is huge and very, very nice. It's called "Who's Winning?" and was painted by Tiffany Bozic. Acrylic on wood. It took me about five years to finally be able to get one of her paintings. This one is huge too. Check out her stuff at www.tiffanybozic.net.

[image]