the best show on History Channel

kurtz

[image]

One of my faves.

I'm also partial to Modern Marvels.

I, personally, don't think Pawn Stars and Ice Road Truckers and the rest of that shit have any business being on History. Or Gangland, for that matter, despite the fact that I love it. They're just trying to cash in on that whole "real reality" craze.

Does anyone else remember when the History Channel was new and its budget must've been about $20. Everything was voiceovers and 'moving' shots of still pictures with crappy sound effects. It seemed like just about everything was about the Civil War, but they couldn't afford reenactors yet.

That was before they discovered Hitler.

I, personally, don't think Pawn Stars and Ice Road Truckers and the rest of that shit have any business being on History. Or Gangland, for that matter, despite the fact that I love it. They're just trying to cash in on that whole "real reality" craze.

I agree that Ice Road Truckers and those Logging shows don't belong on History. I think Pawn Stars works though because they are always talking about the history behind whatever items people bring in.

95% of what is on TV is scripted or a re-enactment of actual events. pretty much the only thing not scripted are sporting events. anyone who actually watches TV to get a dose of reality needs to step out their front door. TV is suppose to be entertainment, not a means to live one's life through.

Unrelated, as it's a game show, but I sat in the audience of the Price Is Right last week, and I don't think all my preconceived notions of that show could've been any more wrong. At one point, this chick wins and gets up on stage, then they tell her to go back down, and pretend she hadn't won yet so they could film it again. I don't think I'd be able to do that shit. The stage is also crazy tiny - and there's like 20 people on it at all times.

95% of what is on TV is scripted or a re-enactment of actual events. pretty much the only thing not scripted are sporting events. anyone who actually watches TV to get a dose of reality needs to step out their front door. TV is suppose to be entertainment, not a means to live one's life through.

Unrelated, as it's a game show, but I sat in the audience of the Price Is Right last week, and I don't think all my preconceived notions of that show could've been any more wrong. At one point, this chick wins and gets up on stage, then they tell her to go back down, and pretend she hadn't won yet so they could film it again. I don't think I'd be able to do that shit. The stage is also crazy tiny - and there's like 20 people on it at all times.

Aw man, really? I love that show. Tell me more!

I love Monsterquest (even though they rarely find evidence of anything), Life After People, Underwater Universe, Cities Of The Underworld, Explorer. I just love the history channel in general. Anything on bodies of water, prehistoric sharks/crocs/snakes/fish/predator x, modern crocs/gators/some shark species/snakes. not to get off the history channel, but that BBC documentary The Blue Planet/Planet Earth, by far the greatest nature documentaries ever made. "The Deep", fucking amazing! I love and fear the deep/open ocean.

Man, there is a couple new shows i have been watching lately. They arent on History but Obsessed and Hoarders on AE is fucking crazy. Last night i watched an episode of Hoarders where a lady would not throw away any old food. she had food that was a year or 2 past the expiration date and she would still eat it. Unless it had bugs she would keep it and try to eat it, didnt matter what it was... Meat, Cheeses, old milk, tofu

Fucking insanity!

Man, there is a couple new shows i have been watching lately. They arent on History but Obsessed and Hoarders on AE is fucking crazy. Last night i watched an episode of Hoarders where a lady would not throw away any old food. she had food that was a year or 2 past the expiration date and she would still eat it. Unless it had bugs she would keep it and try to eat it, didnt matter what it was... Meat, Cheeses, old milk, tofu

Fucking insanity!

I saw that! Soo sick. She would eat anything if the package wasn't about to pop like a balloon.