impulse ebay bids

we all do it. i just did it. but the more i think about it, the cooler i am with it. i won a dinosaur jr 7" from before they had the jr (it's the repulsion 7"). i got it for $6.65 before shipping, which is pretty good, but i hope the dude doesn't give me the shaft on shipping. i bid on this because i'm waiting for a 7" that i really want from one of his auctions, thought i'd combine the shipz.

your stories plz.

Sometimes I get crazy... I bid on one of the Fat Club 7's a while back that I kind of wanted and thought I'd get it for cheap. In the last minute I started to have a bidding war with someone and won it for what I thought was way too much money. More money than I would've originally paid for it. A big thing that I hate about ebay is that sometimes it feels like a contest of who can guess the higher number and I can always guess a higher number.

It's a contest for the lowest-highest number.

I bought something I had already ordered, but I can't think of what it was for the life of me right now. The first one hadn't shipped yet, so I could cancel, but I ended up paying an extra 8ish dollars because I'm an idiot.

This site spawns a lot of "yea! I should get that!" thinking for me, but I often catch myself before I check out or finalize the bid. "Do you really like that band?" Usually it's yea, but not THAT much.

I don't believe I've ever bid on something impulsively. Have bid on things that I unknowingly already owned, though.

Havent done this with ebay, but have ordered shit from distros and realized i already had it. its happened about 4 or 5 times. Most of the time it was before i kept a list but even after i made my list i traded for a screeching weasel 7" that i already owned. Im still confused on how i got my 1st copy... still to this day have no idea where it came from.