Run For Cover Records Email?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my fireworks lps today DAMAGED!!!! how do you send records that arent shrink wrapped without plastic or backing board? I am done with RFCR. Jeff wrote me back finally about the Title Fight 7" told me he was going to be sending me the correct 7"....no record as of yet. Now i have two damaged fireworks lps due to poor packing. I wrote an email out about the damaged records but what good will it do me? I am very patient and polite in my emails....from here on out i dont think i will ever order from RFCR's again.

First order i was sent the wrong 7"...not fixed!!!

Second order.....poorly packed records = damaged records!!

Shame on me for giving second chances

I got my fireworks lps today DAMAGED!!!! how do you send records that arent shrink wrapped without plastic or backing board? I am done with RFCR. Jeff wrote me back finally about the Title Fight 7" told me he was going to be sending me the correct 7"....no record as of yet. Now i have two damaged fireworks lps due to poor packing. I wrote an email out about the damaged records but what good will it do me? I am very patient and polite in my emails....from here on out i dont think i will ever order from RFCR's again.

First order i was sent the wrong 7"...not fixed!!!

Second order.....poorly packed records = damaged records!!

Shame on me for giving second chances

Ya man, sorry to hear that, I hate when a good record goes to waste

What I don't get is why Jeff doesn't just work out some kind of deal a la Sabot/No Idea or Second Nature/Vinyl Collective, where he gets a bigger label/distro to handle his mailorder. Obviously the dude puts out good records that people actually want, but gets shit on for taking a long time to get them in peoples' hands. Partnering up with someone else, while cutting a little into your profit margin, would do wonders for customer satisfaction.

On a positive note Jeff wrote me back and hopefully this crap gets worked out. I hate posting negative shit on message boards.....i was just so frustrated. but like i said Jeff wrote me back so fingers crossed that this all works out.

while I agree it's weird, and shitty, but it's a product of the world we live in.

I don't think anyone has been irrational about this. It sounds like a lot of people are being left out in the one month to two month (or more) range, which is ridiculous. I feel bad when it sometimes takes me 5 days to get something in the mail. It's not like it's 48 hours later and people are filing paypal claims because they expected to have the record that quickly and don't understand what a colossal clusterfuck the post office is.

If I were fucking up my mail-order as much as this guy is, I would expect to get called out on a massive level like this and frankly would not have any excuse.

If you run a label, part of running a label is sending out mail orders, if you can't handle sending out your own direct orders, you honestly probably shouldn't be running one. Now that's a shitty thing for me to say, but it's the fucking truth.