so is anyone into collection prints/posters also?

coldober

The frames were about mid range. I ended up paying about 750 for both, and that is only because I had a 20% off coupon to the place I got them done at.

http://www.framersworkshop.com/

Obviously I did not choose the DIY option to get it framed since I didn't want it to get fucked up.

Basically my philosophy was Jacob created some amazing pieces of art and I want them to be kept in a way that they'll pretty much last forever and be the most incredible complementary way. Even splurged for the special earthquake proof wall mounting. Fucking 5 inch screws.

Obviously I did not choose the DIY option to get it framed since I didn't want it to get fucked up.

what are the problems with a cheap frame? say, i want to frame a print but cant really afford to have it professionally framed. Im just gonna buy a frame that fits and voila! save some money. but ive heard people say this will fuck up the print before, how so?

what are the problems with a cheap frame? say, i want to frame a print but cant really afford to have it professionally framed. Im just gonna buy a frame that fits and voila! save some money. but ive heard people say this will fuck up the print before, how so?

i also want to frame some things also. i dunno if this was already discussed in thread. but which ways are best/cheapest to correctly frame screenprinted art?

i also want to frame some things also. i dunno if this was already discussed in thread. but which ways are best/cheapest to correctly frame screenprinted art?

Best and cheapest don't go together. Best would be a professional framer, which vary greatly in price. Cheapest would be walmart/target frames for way cheap, but won't have a matte or be the right size. The best you can do is either DIY, which is kind of hard, or just check out different local professional framers to see who is the cheapest.

as far as framing goes, I have had both, a cheap frame and a print framed by a professional. The cheap frames are just that. They tend to bend/brake the larger the frame you get. when you have a smaller print it's not that big of a deal. I have a few 18 x 24 prints in frames I got from target, and those work well. anything bigger than that I'd get it professionally done. I got my jane doe print professionally done and it looks amazing.

thems some of the posters. if you want any info on the artist, let me know.

does your friend who did the none more black one have anymore of them?

I just talked to him 20 minutes ago, he has posters still available of this. PM me if you're still interested, im going up there tonight

[image]

Here are a couple more that at first I didn't think of sharing...

Spider-Man; Art by John Romita Sr.; signed & #d by Stan Lee

[image]

Korn's "Follow The Leader" print by Todd McFarlane...signed by the band and McFarlane...I'm still a fan...I don't care if I lose "scene points" admitting to that...

[image]