mclz

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't seen any real promo for this movie other than the frontpage of myspace. I pretty much live under a rock. Today at work on a whim I watched the trailer for it on youtube and was shocked at how much it looked like every other sci-fi movie with way too much CGI. I had really expected something more after all the articles six months back about how it was changing the movie industry.

I thought this was a really good movie. Also, I don't understand all these comments about how annoying the marketing for the film is though, as i haven't really noticed any "in your face" advertisements shoving the movie in my face. I say give the movie a chance, because it was pretty awesome.

you guys are nuts, james cameron! The bastards name is on some of the best Science Fiction/Action movies of the past 20 Years! Movie is going to own.

30 years is a little more appropriate

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000116/maindetails

...and I am incredibly stoked about this movie. I wanna see it this weekend if possible.

Whoops! i keep forgetting it isn't the 90's anymore.

Saw this today with my Dad in 3-D. Didn't really pay much attention to early reviews or marketing. Going into it I was kind of whatever about the whole thing.

Came out of the theater really impressed. I dug it.

Think Fern Gully meets Aliens meets Last of the Mohicans.

That's pretty much how i went into the movie. I honestly only went with friends because i had nothing else to do. But it turned out to be a great decision.

I just got back from seeing it in IMAX 3D. It was very, very pretty to watch, but the story line was pretty straight forward and kind of boring. Overall I'd say it was a pretty good movie, but mostly just because it was pretty. That said, I recommend seeing it not in 3D, so it will look even prettier instead of slightly blurry the whole time.

I was also definitely thinking like a 3D fern gully. I loved fern gully...when I was 7. I probably would've liked this when I was 7 too.

Just kidding, I don't even really know what the movie is about...I'm just reluctant to buy into over hyped movies. I always come out disappointed and annoyed (and broke). I also hate the theater so if a movie is not able to be enjoyed from my couch then I probably haven't seen it.

Maybe I'll go see it at the IMAX high...it does look aesthetically stunning.

I just saw it in 2D, but really liked it. Was a bit long, though it wasn't to the point where I was checking my watch or anything like that.

The CGI was amazing. Shit seriously looked real. (Except for the part with the crashing waves. It didn't look right in that scene. (That isn't a spoiler or anything))