"Who is the human on your shirt?"...

jhulud

Guest kissthesharks

I bought an Oh Sleeper shirt because I split ice cream on my shirt. This youth group told me how awesome I am. Turns out Oh, Sleeper is a christian band.

When I was in high school I bought the NOFX shirt that they sold during the Heavy Petting Zoo tour (probably Warped tour) where it was just a guy and a lamb in a 69 on the front - no text or anything. My friend borrowed it and wore it during class. The teacher made him take it off, so he proceeded to pass it around the room for everyone who missed out to see it.

The best part about the story was the detention slip he received, where the teacher actually detailed what was on the shirt ("a man and a farm animal in a '69' position." It was up on the wall in my basement (where our band practiced) for years. Too good.

Blah blah blah comments about how it isn't Thursday while wearing a Thursday shirt when the day of the week isn't Thursday blah blah blah. Want to headbutt all of those people. Seriously, do you honestly think you're the first person to think of that joke?

Usually when I wear my Jawbreaker shirt I'll get someone asking me why I am wearing a shirt with the Morton salt girl on it and why it says Jawbreaker.

I've gotten a few people ask me if I liked the Rolling Stones when wearing a Paint It Black shirt or "oh I love that song."

crazy militant black people accusing me of being racist for wearing my Against Me! White People for Peace shirt. I'm not sure how it's racist. I guess because it says "white people" on it.

Blah blah blah comments about how it isn't Thursday while wearing a Thursday shirt when the day of the week isn't Thursday blah blah blah. Want to headbutt all of those people. Seriously, do you honestly think you're the first person to think of that joke?

I get that same shit when I wear a Thursday shirt, a Brand New shirt, or a The Who shirt. You can headbutt them. It's perfectly acceptable behavior.

Since we're sharing shirt-related stories...

Back in '93 or '94...when Marilyn Manson were still a local band...they had a shirt which was red and on the front had the 'Enjoy Coca-Cola' logo on the front but instead said 'Enjoy Satan' and 6.66oz.

On my way to a college final exam, I was walking down towards the hall where the class was, and this church-group guy stopped me and started to give me shit for the shirt and how it's ungodly to worship Satan and all that jive. I was more stunned that it was happening as my mind was on getting the exam over with. I just grinned, stopped him mid-sentence, said "thanks for wasting my time and yours" and kept on walking.

Since we're sharing shirt-related stories...

Back in '93 or '94...when Marilyn Manson were still a local band...they had a shirt which was red and on the front had the 'Enjoy Coca-Cola' logo on the front but instead said 'Enjoy Satan' and 6.66oz.

On my way to a college final exam, I was walking down towards the hall where the class was, and this church-group guy stopped me and started to give me shit for the shirt and how it's ungodly to worship Satan and all that jive. I was more stunned that it was happening as my mind was on getting the exam over with. I just grinned, stopped him mid-sentence, said "thanks for wasting my time and yours" and kept on walking.

Haha, I remember seeing that shirt. I get that shit all the time, though. I have one of the devils from Alkaline Trio's Sun Dials ep tattooed on my forearm and I don't even know how many times I've been lectured on how sinful it is.

When I was in high school I bought the NOFX shirt that they sold during the Heavy Petting Zoo tour (probably Warped tour) where it was just a guy and a lamb in a 69 on the front - no text or anything. My friend borrowed it and wore it during class. The teacher made him take it off, so he proceeded to pass it around the room for everyone who missed out to see it.

The best part about the story was the detention slip he received, where the teacher actually detailed what was on the shirt ("a man and a farm animal in a '69' position." It was up on the wall in my basement (where our band practiced) for years. Too good.

Was it the long-sleeved version? Because the one I have has a train of men on sheep doing the full kama sutra down the length of both arms.