Coheed and Cambria

I already saw them on their small venue east coast tour...... in 2003.

I also want to hear flood's story.

dont get me wrong, I've been seeing them since 02 but every year their venues get bigger and bigger. Last time I saw them was last year at Terminal 5 in the city and it was packed out with thousands of people.

This time they're playing at Williamsburg Music Hall which only fits like 500 people so it will be intense.

A lot of bands are dicks when they got popular, i've learned to live with that fact.

**edit - did someone really de-rep me because I started a Coheed thread? lol you guys are ruthless.

I already saw them on their small venue east coast tour...... in 2003.

I also want to hear flood's story.

dont get me wrong, I've been seeing them since 02 but every year their venues get bigger and bigger. Last time I saw them was last year at Terminal 5 in the city and it was packed out with thousands of people.

This time they're playing at Williamsburg Music Hall which only fits like 500 people so it will be intense.

A lot of bands are dicks when they got popular, i've learned to live with that fact.

**edit - did someone really de-rep me because I started a Coheed thread? lol you guys are ruthless.

When I saw them in '03 it was at a small bar/venue in State College PA shortly before their second album came out. There was probably less than 100 people there. It's crazy because only a couple months later they were selling out huge venues everywhere. I lost interest in the band after their first album so I haven't gone to see them since.

So the band had daily autograph signings... to get a "bracelet" that allowed you to wait in line for an autograph you had to spend a minimum of $25.. which was almost impossible because everything was super expensive.. i think it was $15 cds, and $20 shirts... so you have to spend all this damn money to wait in line... and they only took a limited # of people a day... so you could possibly get a bracelet and get assed out... so now these people are waiting in line for HOURS to make sure they got a good spot in line to get to meet these goobers. The band then wouldn't allow you to take photos with them.

so to begin with we're pissed off that we have to deal with idiots standing in front of our booth and blocking our traffic all day to wait to get an autograph (honestly kids... if you want to get autographs go listen to miley cyrus or some shit... you paid $35 to see bands here) and then we totally got in trouble by helping kids out by sneaking photos of kids with coheed from our booth.. Not to mention loudly shit talking the band for this practice.

I mean i understand you're a professional musician, you gotta make a living.. but don't fucking treat kids like garbage and squeeze every last cent out of them... its really piss poor.

if you ever get the chance I'd say you give them another chance live. They jam out a bunch which I love. Last time I saw them they just did a 30 minute breakdown in the middle of a song. Complete with that Peter Frampton Mouth guitar thing, some weird magnetic guitar board and an 10 minute drum solo.

I met some dude there in his mid 40's. When he was young he used to follow Zeppelin around and pink floyd and iron maiden and dream theatre and he said that Coheed shows were the closest he's gotten to reliving those moments from when he was younger.

That guy was baller. A lawyer and everything and dropped over $200 bucks on drinks for me and my friend. Old dudes rock lol

So the band had daily autograph signings... to get a "bracelet" that allowed you to wait in line for an autograph you had to spend a minimum of $25.. which was almost impossible because everything was super expensive.. i think it was $15 cds, and $20 shirts... so you have to spend all this damn money to wait in line... and they only took a limited # of people a day... so you could possibly get a bracelet and get assed out... so now these people are waiting in line for HOURS to make sure they got a good spot in line to get to meet these goobers. The band then wouldn't allow you to take photos with them.

so to begin with we're pissed off that we have to deal with idiots standing in front of our booth and blocking our traffic all day to wait to get an autograph (honestly kids... if you want to get autographs go listen to miley cyrus or some shit... you paid $35 to see bands here) and then we totally got in trouble by helping kids out by sneaking photos of kids with coheed from our booth.. Not to mention loudly shit talking the band for this practice.

I mean i understand you're a professional musician, you gotta make a living.. but don't fucking treat kids like garbage and squeeze every last cent out of them... its really piss poor.

Thanks for posting this.

Terrible stuff.

I hate autographs in general and it really sucks that kids have to miss so much at festivals to get an autograph. Not to mention paying for one! VOMIT!

One of their first major tours was opening for Shai Hulud. I still find it amusing to this day.

I think I saw them on that tour (summer '02?) in San Fran. Zao, Shai Hulud, Unearth, From Autumn to Ashes, Underoath and Coheed and Cambria all on one bill. Dead Poetic was there too, but they didn't play that night.

Thanks for posting this.

Terrible stuff.

I hate autographs in general and it really sucks that kids have to miss so much at festivals to get an autograph. Not to mention paying for one! VOMIT!

Why would you want an autograph in the first place? I never understood it, really......

Thanks for posting this.

Terrible stuff.

Why would you want an autograph in the first place? I never understood it, really......

I was handed a broken crash cymbal during their two night stint at The Troubadour in LA in 2003(?). I had the whole band sign it and sold it a little while later for $600 to a memorabilia collector on ebay.

so weird to hear stories like this, but it makes sense in a weird way after watching the documentary that came with the Neverender set. Definitely got the rock star vibe from that.

But still weird, because I remember going to see them on their headlining tour with Hopesfall. I sat and talked to Mic for a while after the show, and he, along with the rest of the guys seemed pretty decent. Probably wasn't more than 150 kids there. especially since most were there to see Hopesfall anyway.

One of their first major tours was opening for Shai Hulud. I still find it amusing to this day.

I think I saw them on that tour (summer '02?) in San Fran. Zao, Shai Hulud, Unearth, From Autumn to Ashes, Underoath and Coheed and Cambria all on one bill. Dead Poetic was there too, but they didn't play that night.

Yup. That was the tour.

First time i saw them the lineup was pretty awesome. it went something like (from opener to closer) Coheed and Cambria, Thrice, River City High, Brand New, Midtown. At the El N Gee (small CT club held about 300 people when you stuffed it)

saw that show, and the show they played with thursday there as well

I was at the neverender tour and it was sick. I'm even on the DVD at one point LOL. Also, I just moved from new London. I lived on the same block as the el n gee LOL. Actually. They just changed owners and were geting rid of the bar so I bought it and it's in my house. 16 foot bar in a tiny ass house LOL.

First time i saw them the lineup was pretty awesome. it went something like (from opener to closer) Coheed and Cambria, Thrice, River City High, Brand New, Midtown. At the El N Gee (small CT club held about 300 people when you stuffed it)

saw that show, and the show they played with thursday there as well

I was at that Thursday show too. I remember Thursday was giving away copies of Full Collapse for free.

so weird to hear stories like this, but it makes sense in a weird way after watching the documentary that came with the Neverender set. Definitely got the rock star vibe from that.

But still weird, because I remember going to see them on their headlining tour with Hopesfall. I sat and talked to Mic for a while after the show, and he, along with the rest of the guys seemed pretty decent. Probably wasn't more than 150 kids there. especially since most were there to see Hopesfall anyway.

What a bummer... I drove like a bat out of hell to see this show after getting off work at the old grog shop in Cleveland only to get there as Hopesfall was tearing down their gear. I was so fucking disappointed. I missed Codeseven too which only added to the huge level of disappointment. I was still able to see OneLineDrawing and Coheed finish out the night though. Shit was LOUD as hell and this was before they released their second album so it was pretty much all songs from the Second Turbine Blade (i.e. the only album of theirs worth listening to)

Thanks for posting this.

Terrible stuff.

yeah. they're definitely kinda useless. the only things i have that are autographed are a promo poster for let's face it signed by all of MMB, when they used to hangout at a radio station that my cousin worked at. and in 2003 when i used to be really into dropkick murphys, they posted something on their website about an interview that they were having on some radio station in ohio, and they posted the link for a live stream of it. during the show the dj said that the first person to call from every state would get a free dkm cd of their choice. a few weeks later i got my cd, i don't even remember which one i picked. then a few months later, i got a signed picture by all of dkm in the mail with a letter about their appreciation that i would even bother listening to a radio show in ohio.

What a bummer... I drove like a bat out of hell to see this show after getting off work at the old grog shop in Cleveland only to get there as Hopesfall was tearing down their gear. I was so fucking disappointed. I missed Codeseven too which only added to the huge level of disappointment. I was still able to see OneLineDrawing and Coheed finish out the night though. Shit was LOUD as hell and this was before they released their second album so it was pretty much all songs from the Second Turbine Blade (i.e. the only album of theirs worth listening to)

I Completely disagree with this statement, IKSOSE3 is Awesome, and Good Apollo volume one is fucking great, they got a little too Pirate rock on volume two but it is still great.

I love SSTB, but I think the band only got better as they went on....