Identity Theft!

This shit sucks. Happened to me with Amex a few years ago. Good 15K charged on it. Unfortunately, I got stuck footing the bill as I didnt notice in time.

Thats weird, Amex is the best when it comes to fraud. All I had to say with them was that i didn't sign for it and they reversed the charges immediately. sucks man, sorry to hear they fucked you over.

This shit sucks. Happened to me with Amex a few years ago. Good 15K charged on it. Unfortunately, I got stuck footing the bill as I didnt notice in time.

Thats weird, Amex is the best when it comes to fraud. All I had to say with them was that i didn't sign for it and they reversed the charges immediately. sucks man, sorry to hear they fucked you over.

Yeah it was pretty shitty. Essentially what they said was because most charges were done in a 20 mile radius of all my other charges they thought it was me just trying to get out of the charges. We went around for a while, but in the end I still got stuck footing the bill. Whoever did it sure knew how to make the charges stick.

Yeah it was pretty shitty. Essentially what they said was because most charges were done in a 20 mile radius of all my other charges they thought it was me just trying to get out of the charges. We went around for a while, but in the end I still got stuck footing the bill. Whoever did it sure knew how to make the charges stick.

usually in that case you report the card stolen, and file a police report. Then send said report to amex, at that point they legally have to take care of it.

my roommate from college's fiance had his identity stolen. his bank caught it cuz they called him and asked him if he'd been out of the country recently. apparently someone in romania tried to buy a bmw with his info. his response was to ask how much it cost to ship a bmw to the united states. he's a funny guy.

I had a few hundred dollars in charges show up on my Fifth Third Bank credit card a few months bank. All of the transactions were from the UK so they had an accompanying "international transaction fee" associated with them. Made them easy to identify and easy to report as being fraudulent. So far all the charges have been credited back do my card but I'm still nagging them to refund all the fees... so far they've only refunded 2 of the 5. All I need to do is call them and complain but I'm too lazy.

I got hit for this too. Two different cards on two different days.

Both of them were used to make purchases on Vinyl Collective and are stored cards for purchasing.

I'm wondering how secure our info is?

That's an interesting thought.

I always pay VC through Paypal, which in turn has my credit card as a source of payment. Just makes more sense to me, as I usually have some change in my account. (Granted I haven't bought through VC in quite a while, as my buying as a whole has slowed)

I spent $7 at Banquet Records in the UK online, and my CC company froze my card and called me like half a dozen times to confirm I actually meant to make the charge. Was a bit irritating, though I guess it's nice to know they're watching.