beware if you order from Hospital Productions

look, I don't want to piss on these people. they seem to run a fine deal over there but their mailorder is lacking a little.

I got my copy of the cold cave "stars explode" 12" yesterday. Came in the standard mailer, so far so good. Opened up the package and found my record wrapped in what appeared to be the outer page of an old copy of The Onion. I'm not too snobby when it comes to sleeve condition, etc but really? a newspaper?? you couldn't pack it a little better than that???

Contrast that with the other package I got in the mail yesterday (my copy of the "Remission" repress. anybody who got one of those knows what's up with that fantastic packaging)

So, I guess if you're a real stickler for these type of things and want you record packed up nice and tidy and safe you may want to think twice about ordering from these guys.

Wow, I bet you get off on listening to yourself whine. Times are tough and money isnt coming out of the fucking woodwork for small labels so I understand them packing them this way. I would never do it with my product but alot of labels need to cut cost in other areas to put more money into releases. Do you want great packing or a great record? Quit bitching.

Wow, I bet you get off on listening to yourself whine. Times are tough and money isnt coming out of the fucking woodwork for small labels so I understand them packing them this way. I would never do it with my product but alot of labels need to cut cost in other areas to put more money into releases. Do you want great packing or a great record? Quit bitching.

yikes. who pissed in your cheerios?

I don't really care. I've got the record, it plays and that's all I care about in the end.

But I know that there are some people out there who get pissed about these kind of things, so I was sharing this information for them so they'd know.

I actually sort of agree with this. a single LP, with record outside of the sleeve, in a properly assembled and creased LP mailer, should arrive fine at its destination. If it get stomped on, a corner of the mailer smashed, wet, etc...well, that's just the risk you take when ordering vinyl through the mail. Most labels do not have the time or money to ensure that each record they send out is in weatherproof and bulletproof box padded with down pillows. It just isn't realistic.

It's also pretty funny how the same people who complain about record packaging (not in this thread, just in general) are the ones complaining about vinyl shipping costs being so high. Quite the fickle audience vinyl collectors are.

They're probably the same ones who wait a year or so for a record to come in the mail too.

Quite the fickle audience vinyl collectors are.

which is exactly why I posted this thread in the first place. so the fickle bastards knew what to expect ;D

as long as the record isn't snapped in half and the sleeve doesn't look like it was cut with a chainsaw I personally don't care.

If the record arrives fine, then who gives a shit how they package it. Hospital does a great job with their mailorder.

It's an extremely shitty move to drag their name through the mud on a public forum just because the packaging was more creative than you expected.

It's petty bitching like this that makes distros/labels hate dealing with people on this board.

your first problem was you bought a cold cave lp (i kid).

i see what youre saying though -- precautionary measures are nice. at the same time, ive had records packaged in less than what yours was that have arrived perfect and other records that were packaged like a tank that arrive with a crunch to the corner. who's handling it has a lot to do with it too.

At this stage in the game of listening to and collecting vinyl, I'm happy when the record gets shipped in a standard LP mailer and arrives in one piece.

Creased jacket corners? Oh well. Happens regardless

Padding? Hit or miss...not going to help if the mailer gets run over or skewered (i.e. my Baroness 3xLP)

It's also pretty funny how the same people who complain about record packaging (not in this thread, just in general) are the ones complaining about vinyl shipping costs being so high. Quite the fickle audience vinyl collectors are.

They're probably the same ones who wait a year or so for a record to come in the mail too.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I was thinking the same thing.... good call.