USPS doesnt want to deliver vinyl on Saturdays

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after reading the pay scale, it looks to be that they're only making salaries around 50k a year after being employed there for at least 10 or so years.

median salaries for the clerks people are complaining about look to be around $40k. i don't know if i'd be willing to put up with peoples crap like they do all day for that. haha.

after reading the pay scale, it looks to be that they're only making salaries around 50k a year after being employed there for at least 10 or so years.

median salaries for the clerks people are complaining about look to be around $40k. i don't know if i'd be willing to put up with peoples crap like they do all day for that. haha.

the average retail clerk making minimum wage and putting up with just as much bullshit as a postal clerk is making about $15K a year based on national minimum wage of 7.30ish.

the average retail clerk making minimum wage and putting up with just as much bullshit as a postal clerk is making about $15K a year based on national minimum wage of 7.30ish.

and i think that they should make more than that.

In my experiences it's not the clerks, it's the customers. They're all morons who can't fill out forms or label their boxes correctly. I've had great experiences w/ the clerks at my local office.

Same here. I go often enough that we know each other by name. One of the clerks tries to make small-talk by asking what record(s) I'm sending out and whatnot.

I find going frustrating b/c of the lack of common sense by some customers. They either can't package shit correctly or fill out the right form. It's not a new concept this postal service thing ya know!!!

Totally, I mean there's so many people who want to work at the post office when they grow-up.

i don't give a rats ass about your life's aspirations, or where shit went wrong and you ended up at the post office. i give a damn about you processing my package, not dropping the box marked fragile into a bin from standing height, and acting like i'm putting you out by asking you to do the job you're being overpaid to do. Can i not do my job and it be ok because it's not what i thought i'd be doing when i grew up?

And every time I go to the ATM it should malfunction and start spitting out free money.

They should, I'm sure they'd save a ton of money over the course of a year. Also if they updated the self service postage machines to allow for international postage to be calculated that would be amazing.

I'd be STOKED if they added media mail.

They can't do that because Media Mail is subject to inspection. If they made it an option on those APCs, people could use it to theoretically try and ship anything from socks to ski poles. It would end up causing many more problems for the employeers than it would create convenience for the customers.

I'd be STOKED if they added media mail.

They can't do that because Media Mail is subject to inspection. If they made it an option on those APCs, people could use it to theoretically try and ship anything from socks to ski poles. It would end up causing many more problems for the employeers than it would create convenience for the customers.

i can ship media mail via paypal, and just drop the stuff off on the counter or in one of the bins... and no one even bothers to look at it. Hell i've shipped more packages media than probably 95% of the people on this board.. and i've never been asked once what i was shipping

all i care about is international mail at the machines, I can handle Media Mail on my own

...but if i could avoid the occasional 45 minute wait in line because some lady is yelling at the clerks because last year it didn't cost $55 to mail this same whatever box thing to Egypt (true story) or people who don't speak english and have to have someone hold their hand and have things explained 15 times...it's the mail, this isn't rocket science. And my post office is actually staffed by competent people and they love when I roll up with a bunch of packages because they know it's all set up right and it's going to go smoothly.

...but if i could avoid the occasional 45 minute wait in line because some lady is yelling at the clerks because last year it didn't cost $55 to mail this same whatever box thing to Egypt (true story) or people who don't speak english and have to have someone hold their hand and have things explained 15 times...it's the mail, this isn't rocket science. And my post office is actually staffed by competent people and they love when I roll up with a bunch of packages because they know it's all set up right and it's going to go smoothly.

Looks like we both go to the same post office. I encounter the same shit whenever I go.

In my experiences it's not the clerks, it's the customers. They're all morons who can't fill out forms or label their boxes correctly. I've had great experiences w/ the clerks at my local office.

Same here. I go often enough that we know each other by name. One of the clerks tries to make small-talk by asking what record(s) I'm sending out and whatnot.

I find going frustrating b/c of the lack of common sense by some customers. They either can't package shit correctly or fill out the right form. It's not a new concept this postal service thing ya know!!!

this.... but it obviously goes both ways sometimes clerks are a little slow i mean slow up stairs

No mail on Saturday's doesn't impact me too much. I'll get whatever I need on Monday. We still get the paper and fliers and stuff on Saturday, but... honestly, it's nice to go a day without seeing bills and useless junk in the mail. Everything else I get is by email anyways, so really the only reason I enjoy mail is when I order a record. Everything else... meh.