wisdom teeth removal tips

here's a hot little tip, too:

if your friends call you up at 7:30 pm tomorrow night and ask if you want to go bowling, make sure you bring some extra gauze because you're going to bleed through the one you leave the house with after about an hour, and the rest of the night will be super uncomfortable/taste like blood.

I had mine removed a year ago. All 4 were also impacted.

I hadn't trimmed my beard in 7 months, and as such, it ended up crusted over in drool and blood. Might want to consider that if it's an issue for you.

Anywho, I went in at 12pm to get them taken out, and next thing I know it's 9pm and I'm on the couch at home. I didn't feel any pain at all, and only took a single pain pill, which at the time was precautionary. For the next 2 days, I ate nothing but mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Unhealthy, but incredibly delicious.

For probably 3 weeks after the removal, I had the worst breath imaginable. I don't know how to explain it other than smelling of loads of blood and metal. There was no bleeding after the first day, though. My stitches also never dissolved, and I ended up yanking the last one out myself about a month and a half after the operation. (Looked more like a small rope than any stitch I had ever seen)

[sort of related]I had talked to my mother afterwords, and it turns out sometime between 12pm and 9pm, she was watching Two and a Half Men, and I wouldn't stop complaining until she changed the channel. I always give her shit for watching it, as I find it totally unfunny, so I found it pretty funny that even when I'm fucked up I still give her shit for it.

Also right after the surgery was done, I had my mom's cell phone, and as I couldn't talk, I was typing out messages to the nurse demanding she let me keep my teeth. I don't remember any of this. What's funny about that is that my mom has one of those old flip phones with a non-QWERTY keyboard, and I normally can't type anything on that phone to save my life, let alone coherent sentences. I'm still baffled by that.[/sort of related]

I had all four taken out (impacted) and my ride decided to go home for a little,It took him an extra hour to get back to the hospital. I was in a waiting room and by the time he got back,everything was starting to wear off.I was in horrible pain on the drive back and by the time I got home and my face had swelled. And to top it all off I had two cavities from the pudding and apple sauce I was eating so it was back to the dentist for me.

Long story short make sure you have a good ride home and that he or she is not an asshole like my brother.

Good call on the Aleve from earlier. I was given Tylenol #3, and it did nothing.

None of my teeth were impacted, but there wasn't enough room in my mouth for all four wisdom teeth. In all honesty, I wasn't that hungry after the procedure, probably from the dull pain, but I ate not much but mashed potatoes (the kind in a box since they're easiest to make super creamy in consistency).

A reliable ride home is good as well, because you won't want to be doing much of anything at all about 30 minutes after you leave the office (when anesthesia wears off).

Note: do not use a straw! Any sucking motion you may make could cause dry sockets. This caused a major bummer to me back in high school when I used to play french horn. :P

I had four taken out, but they weren't impacted. I didn't take even a nap when I got home. I took maybe one pain pill and saved the rest for recreational use the next few weeks. I was 100% the next day. The worst part was right when I got home, my mouth was numb for over two hours and I remember trying to eat a Popsicle, but couldn't really move my mouth so I drooled a lot.

Some people are barely bothered by it. While I felt nothing during the procedure, I was out forthe next few days. That straw comment is dead on. I ate lots of yoghurt and pudding, and smoothies with a spoon. Also, get a lot of movies, but ones you can zone out to. It was nice to have things to watch while awake, but I never remembered much.

Guest chappy5

I had all four of mine out a few summers back, all impacted but other than the ridiculous amount of drool due to the freezing, I only needed to take a couple T3's they gave me for the pain.

Kinda weird, but whatever shit they gave me during worked well after they finished. I kept seeing a Mr. Bean episode repeat throughout the whole thing, funny but odd as it wasn't in english.

Like Dan said eat everything you'll want now. lots of liquid-ish things like juice and yogurt, also stay away from the acidic shit... I ate manwhich for a couple days once I could semi chew and had the worst heartburn of life.

I will give you a very big tip: take as little of the pain medicine as you can. You don't want to get hooked on pain killers, believe me. And Alleve works better anyway.

this sort of.

take the alleve and save the painkillers for when you arent in any more pain.

then, either sell them or take them before watching alice in wonderland

OH GOD not Demerol. I was given an injection once after having vertigo, and I had the craziest hallucinations while on the phone with someone. I definitely remember saying "here comes the meat wagon!" while seeing an ice cream truck that sells meat in my mind. Said that over the phone. Dude thought I was nuts.

when I got my wisdom teeth out (none of which were impacted thankfully, but I did have an extra 5th wisdom tooth...which was weird) I didn't even drink, so the demerol they gave me FUCKED ME UP, apparently I made a rather large group of my friends sit in a giant circle and just kept saying "look, we're really doing it, we're all really friends" over and over again. definitely kept me from feelin any sort of pain though, that's for damn sure.

when I got my wisdom teeth out (none of which were impacted thankfully, but I did have an extra 5th wisdom tooth...which was weird) I didn't even drink, so the demerol they gave me FUCKED ME UP, apparently I made a rather large group of my friends sit in a giant circle and just kept saying "look, we're really doing it, we're all really friends" over and over again. definitely kept me from feelin any sort of pain though, that's for damn sure.

I also had a 5th wisdom tooth, and they used a non-stitch method in which they packed gauze in the holes where the teeth were extracted. Mouth tasted like shit for a full week no matter what I did, until they removed the gauze. Other than that it really wasn't that bad.

Some people are barely bothered by it. While I felt nothing during the procedure, I was out forthe next few days. That straw comment is dead on. I ate lots of yoghurt and pudding, and smoothies with a spoon. Also, get a lot of movies, but ones you can zone out to. It was nice to have things to watch while awake, but I never remembered much.

Essentially me experience. I rocked the T3's for 2 days and basically just slept the whole time. Mine wasn't too bad, minimal bruising/swelling, and I basically worked the stitches out by myself with my tongue over the next week. Bad breath was a problem for sure, but overall my experience was ok.

everyone is so different. my wife had hers done, and was eating grilled cheese sandwiches that night, I was out of commission for a few days.

also, the dentist sowed my cheek to my gums when he did the stitches, so that caused all sorts of extra pain (he said it was too swollen, and it happens)

just got back and it went really well

i had mild anesthetic and was awake, it felt like 5 min and i didnt feel much

im home now and it doesnt hurt much 2 hours after, the front of my mouth (chin cheeks tongue) are hella numb haha

i had some drinkable yogurt and my gf brought me a jamba im guna eat soon ;D