CONVERGE - JANE DOE Repress & Reissue & More Official Thread!

dudes on VC need to start getting laid or something... or at least tug one out to lower the frustration level.... everyone here who ordered a copy of jane doe has the music already.....right? so basically you're freaking out about a record you are going to stick in a sleeve and put on a shelf, or in most cases flip on ebay. Calm down, go outside, and enjoy a nice summer's day... DW is a very reputable label, and i highly doubt they're screwing anyone... they're probably just as upset about this (and probably moreso) than you...

running an indie label is really tough work.. cut these dudes some slack.

Normally when I read these threads it's about a band I could care less about, by a label I could care less about and filled with whining by people I could care less about it. This time is a little different.

It really bums me out that people act the way they do because a record doesn't come out exactly when it was said it would. I almost wish at this point Deathwish would cancel the pre-order and refund everyone and let all of you try and track down an original copy. Even then you would all complain. How often does Deathwish let you down? How often do their releases get pushed back to the point you feel like you might geniunely get screwed over? I really feel like this label is getting a lot of frustration laid on them that has nothing to do with them but instead is coming from previous or current frustrations with other labels and their pre orders.

The record is coming out. Deathwish is not out to fuck you over. I find it hard to believe that there are that many people that desperately need that $22 in their lives right now. $22 bucks man. Fuck, it's not like it's an expensive record. You're order is placed and that record will be showing up to you, now all you have to do is relax and wait. You have the songs as already mentioned.

I just don't understand how people act. It all seems so ridiculous to me that this is even an issue. Don't you guys have girlfriends or husbands or wives or families or jobs? Is this record the most important thing going on in your life right now?

I ordered 11 copies of this thing. 3 for myself and the rest are all for friends, some on this board and some not. Some were working at the drop and some just couldn't swing it. Not one single person has complained about this to me. Those that are board members know whats going on and that's that. The ones that aren't as nerdy as us haven't even asked for an update from me. All of those people not only have to wait until DW ships them to me but then have to wait for me to ship those records out to them! Yet still, no one is complaining.

I also think it should be made public who ends up flipping their copy on ebay and was in this thread bitching like an asshole about it. Like they actually gave a fuck about the record.

That's it. Sorry for ranting. Continue the nonsense.

I agree. A little extra wait on a record that I've already waited a while for is not that big of a deal. I'm sure that wait will definitely be worth it. I'm not worried about Deathwish. They are awesome

Every time I open my mouth about this I get bombarded with people saying I'm bitching, BUT...

I have no doubt DW will fulfill every order. I have the music already, so that's not the deal either.

My point is... DW sprung this preorder up out of nowhere, on no significant date, with no information for us as to when it would be. We were all aware that the repress was coming "someday" but were all aware of the fact that it was still down the line.

Why, then, did they post the preorder? We knew it was coming and were patiently waiting for the day it was announced. Why couldn't they just spring the ACTUAL order on us in the same manner? It would save all this anticipation, worry of where the money went, hell, just tying the money up itself, whether it's $22 or $499912010000. It just seems to me that it is 1000x more simple to just place the record for order rather than preorder. Everyone will still scramble to order them up at the same speed, but the time between clicking "Place Order" and everyone giddily opening their new package from DW is significantly shorter.

Isn't that how No Idea does it? They seem to be doing alright.

I wasn't singling you out at all. My post was just frustration in general. I rarely make posts like these so when I do it's a good way to tell I am annoyed with something.

I am in no place to speak on or speculate about any labels finances or reasons for doing pre-orders although I think it has been established many labels launch pre orders to pay for the record itself. These are still available so there must have been thousands made. I would be surprised if there were less than 5,000 copies of this produced. I don't think that those guys owe it to any of us to explain why they choose pre orders over an actual day of release. I don't prefer one over the other at all so it doesnt matter to me how a label releases their records as long as I know I can trust them. Deathwish has my trust so the rest is all gravy with me.

Every time I open my mouth about this I get bombarded with people saying I'm bitching, BUT...

I have no doubt DW will fulfill every order. I have the music already, so that's not the deal either.

My point is... DW sprung this preorder up out of nowhere, on no significant date, with no information for us as to when it would be. We were all aware that the repress was coming "someday" but were all aware of the fact that it was still down the line.

Why, then, did they post the preorder? We knew it was coming and were patiently waiting for the day it was announced. Why couldn't they just spring the ACTUAL order on us in the same manner? It would save all this anticipation, worry of where the money went, hell, just tying the money up itself, whether it's $22 or $499912010000. It just seems to me that it is 1000x more simple to just place the record for order rather than preorder. Everyone will still scramble to order them up at the same speed, but the time between clicking "Place Order" and everyone giddily opening their new package from DW is significantly shorter.

to be clear I was in no way saying you were bitching.

I never said the record wasn't a big deal. I've been waiting for years to get this record. I even wrote that I understand what a big deal this record is to people.

I placed an order for 5 copies. 3 for myself and 2 for a friend. This record was released early in the day on a day I was off of work. After texting everyone I thought would care I decided to help out a few people who couldn't get online to order. I had no idea how many were pressed( as no one did or does) and there was a little bit of panic setting in. I was in a position to help my friends and I did. I don't know about you but I have a circle of friends who collect records. We look out for each other. If something drops and someone can't afford it or isn't around to order it someone else picks it up and the favor is returned next time around.

I have a tough time taking criticism from a guy who bought 11 copies of a record telling people the same record isn't that big of a deal.

ummmmmmmmmmm. excuse me. In fact he is helping people out. I am one of them. There is nothing wrong with wanting variants of a record which is why he is keeping 3.

I never said the record wasn't a big deal. I've been waiting for years to get this record. I even wrote that I understand what a big deal this record is to people.

I placed an order for 5 copies. 3 for myself and 2 for a friend. This record was released early in the day on a day I was off of work. After texting everyone I thought would care I decided to help out a few people who couldn't get online to order. I had no idea how many were pressed( as no one did or does) and there was a little bit of panic setting in. I was in a position to help my friends and I did. I don't know about you but I have a circle of friends who collect records. We look out for each other. If something drops and someone can't afford it or isn't around to order it someone else picks it up and the favor is returned next time around.

Dudes who say he brought a shitload to flip are stupid.

since i'm the dude who told him it was up, and he was hella stoked for it.

1. I'm glad I have no interest in this record.

2. It doesn't matter how great the dudes who run a label are. If you take a person's money you should deliver a product in a reasonable amount of time.

3. Pre-orders suck, but have become a somewhat necessary evil.

4. The theory that people have the music already so they have no right to bitch about the length of time this record is taking is just stupid.

5. Flippers are gonna flip. Get over it.

I have a tough time taking criticism from a guy who bought 11 copies of a record telling people the same record isn't that big of a deal.

ummmmmmmmmmm. excuse me. In fact he is helping people out. I am one of them. There is nothing wrong with wanting variants of a record which is why he is keeping 3.

Same here. Nick hooked me up with a copy because I didn't get paid until a few days after the preorder went up and obviously had no idea how many were pressed. I assumed it would sell out in a day or two which turned out not to be true. At the end of the day who gives a shit how many copies people order and for whom. Just relax and listen to the other couple hundred records you own.

There were a couple things that lead to us putting up the pre order when we did. As we've stated, we started working with a new company, and things were promised to us. We put a lot of faith in what we were promised. Everything was lined up, ready to go... and to be honest, April 1st was right there, and it just seemed too good to be true (we do have a sense of humor.) We were given a 5 week turn around time... so we went for it.

That was... over 12 weeks ago at this point.

Same here. Nick hooked me up with a copy because I didn't get paid until a few days after the preorder went up and obviously had no idea how many were pressed. I assumed it would sell out in a day or two which turned out not to be true. At the end of the day who gives a shit how many copies people order and for whom. Just relax and listen to the other couple hundred records you own.

exactly.

Tre- don't worry about it. Not worried about it. Like I've said before, you guys rock. It's understandable that things happen

Truth, pretty much what i assumed. Allison was kind enough to grab me one. and for that she gets the "Official Converge Valkyrie" title of VC.

or thanks.... one of those.

I was in a bad mood yesterday so excuse my being a bit harsh. I would love to have had this record in my hands by now but I dunno, just knowing it's right around the corner is enough to tide me over.

I'm not for pre orders, and I'm not against them. I think it's a good way for smaller labels to be able to press things with a bit better of an understanding of the demand a record might have. I also share the frustration when something takes longer then promised. That Floor box set that came out not too long ago was killing me. I would re read the update blog about it almost everyday, even though updates happened once a month just to see if I missed something. I don't have a problem with being frustrated about something. I just think there might be better ways to go about it venting it.

Could be the fact I work in retail and often get shit on by people for things that aren't my fault. Jake and Tre were promised something by the pressing plant and they didn't follow through. The planet only catches grief for their mistakes from 2 dudes meanwhile those 2 guys catch hell from everyone else. Anyone who goes through this kind of grief at their stupid job can relate. That's where my frustration came from yesterday.