• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best:

Strike Anywhere

The Aggrolites

Tim Barry

Worst:

Crime In Stereo (I've only seen them once, but waaaay disappointing)

Murder By Death (love this band, but live show is boring as hell)

Yeah Crime in Stereo is awful live. Every time I've seen them they're terrible and most of the band doesn't look like they even want to be there.

yup. i've seen them 4 times i think, and it's always sucked.

Best:

NOFX - Back in 2005, tickets were a birthday present and it was the 3rd time they ever played the Decline live, best concert I have ever been to

Against Me! - Amazing amount of energy, always see them when the oppurtunity arises

Weezer - Really dug the two concerts I've seen, could have played more from Pinkerton though

Worst:

This Is A Standoff - I just miss Belvedere and am bitter about it, they just aren't the same...

Yellowcard - Ex was really into them, I didn't like their CD's, but they were fucking awful live

Millencolin - One of my favorite bands, maybe they just didn't bring it to the show I was at

Best: Hot Water Music/Chuck Ragan, Lawrence Arms, Astronautalis, POS, Bridge and Tunnel, Apologies I have None, Defiance Ohio, Bruce Springsteen, Alkaline Trio

Worst: The Copyrights (probably the least energetic performance I've seen), Lucero (I've seen them twice. Once they were awful, the second time they started great and slowly became awful over the course of two and a half hours).

Best:

Alkaline Trio

Gaslight

Hot Water Music

The Hives

Pretty Girls Make Graves

White Stripes

Bad Religion

Worst:

Blink 182

These Arms Are Snakes

Brand New

Granted, the ones I didn't like I only saw once and forging an opinion of a band via a single show isn't all that fair to the band. Blink was totally uninvolved with their set, Brand New deliberately didn't play anything to get the crowd going, on with TAAS the lead singer just creeped me out, I thought I was going to get spit on.

Best: Hot Water Music/Chuck Ragan, Lawrence Arms, Astronautalis, POS, Bridge and Tunnel, Apologies I have None, Defiance Ohio, Bruce Springsteen, Alkaline Trio

Worst: The Copyrights (probably the least energetic performance I've seen), Lucero (I've seen them twice. Once they were awful, the second time they started great and slowly became awful over the course of two and a half hours).

you must have seen the Copyrights on an off night, they're usually pretty awesome.

Mars Volta was awful when I saw them around the Frances release, but my friend saw them open for the Red Hot Chili Peppers which was I guess Deloused-era and thought it was amazing (which it probably would've been). When I saw them it just felt like they didn't care and didn't want to be there.

Mars Volta was awful when I saw them around the Frances release, but my friend saw them open for the Red Hot Chili Peppers which was I guess Deloused-era and thought it was amazing (which it probably would've been). When I saw them it just felt like they didn't care and didn't want to be there.

I saw them on the Deloused tour and they were ok...the live/extended versions of the songs were way too masturbatory and pointlessly meandering.

...but also 30 second into the set Cedric threw his mic stand at the monitor guy because he didn't like his mix...so that put a bad taste in my mouth from the get-go.

I'm glad that at least one other agrees with me on Lucero. It sucked big time becuase I like them so much.

They're the only band I've ever seen that made me wish they played a shorter set.

Agreed. I left early because they became a drunken mess. The first half of their set was awesome, they were tight and played almost everything I wanted to hear, then Ben started forgetting lyrics and even how to play some songs midway through. I still like them, but have no desire to ever see them again.

yup. i've seen them 4 times i think, and it's always sucked.

I guess I'm in the minority. I've always loved seeing CIS from Explosives era til now.

Nah, I'm with you. I've seen them three times and the only time I was slightly disappointed was more because the crowd at the Triple Rock sucked, but the band sounded great. The other two times were fucking awesome.

BEST:

New Found Glory

At The Drive-In

Green Day (Haven't seen them since before American Idiot came out, but they put on one hell of a fucking show)

Bayside

Polar Bear Club

Every Time I Die

As Tall As Lions

Astronautalis

Worst:

Coheed and Cambria

Fall Out Boy

Brand New (though i have seen them twice where they have been top shelf)

Best:

Thrice

Deftones

Against Me!

Explosions In The Sky

Mono

The Get Up Kids

Sigur Ros

Radiohead

Incubus

Nine Inch Nails

Thursday

Every Time I Die

Worst:

The Cure

AFI

R.E.M

Coheed & Cambria

Saves The Day

Alkaline Trio

The Used

Modest Mouse

every type of Reggae band I've seen

My Chemical Romance

Diana Ross (I work at a concert venue sooo...yeah)

For the most part I really enjoy bands that has cool singalongs and that people can get way into (I know it's a bit of a gimmick but it's fun and energetic). So some of my favorite shows like that were:

Stretch Arm Strong: they could have played only For the Record and then their cover of Express Yourself and I would have been happy!

Guns Up: was really fun, they played to like 300 kids at their only European show in like 3 years or something!

But as far as actual good live bands go:

Thrice: My friend kept saying they were good but I didn't believe him until I saw them live and was blown away! Now I'm a huge fan!

The King Blues: Saw this English band with Gaslight Anthem and they (almost) stole the show!

Worst bands live:

I don't think that there's many bands that I already liked that had really shitty sets, besides Warped Tour stuff...I did think that the Get Up Kids had a really weird set list when I saw them last year, it wasn't bad, just really odd!

Oh, Set Your Goals on the NFG tour was okay, their sound is better suited to a small show with a few hundred kids, not a 6 foot stage in front of a few thousand.

Oh yeah, and Deftones sucked!