International Mailorder. An FYI / PSA

tre

Sometimes mail takes its time to get to where its gotta go.

Sometimes when this happens, people get upset.

Sometimes these people post mean things on the internet.

Sometimes these people email us and swear and say really mean things.

More often than not, the mailorder companies, and record labels that you support are not out to rip you off. They don't want to steal your money, they want you to be a happy, and satisfied (and returning) customer.

We got this package returned to us yesterday - April 19, 2010.

[image]

You should be able to make out the postmark date on the package. It says "DEC 05, 2008"

It took almost 17 months for this package to get back to us after being sent out. I can't say what happened with it along the way, all I know is the package made it to where it had to go, and sat in a post office / customs office till it finally made its way back to us - apparently aboard the back of a migrating sea turtle.

I guess the point of this is, the next time you are impatiently waiting on a package, and are thinking about emailing the nice people you bought the records from, it might be a good idea to check out your local post office or customs office. We aren't trying to be jerks when we say, "Once it's out of our hands... it's out of our hands." It just really is.

We know that sometimes, packages do actually get lost in the mail (kind of like this one) but you gotta bear with us as we try and work through it all. Packages like this end up costing us money. Often times, we have to pay to get these back. Think about that. You pay for postage once, the package gets lost, we send you a replacement, that we pay for, and then your original package shows up on our doorstep 2 months later with a bill, and we have now paid for that postage twice.

This isn't in reference to anything specific. But I do see it a lot on all the boards out there, people being mean, and angry. Throwing insults around, making threats. Sometimes it IS warranted. But not always.

Basically... the TL,DR version, please stop swearing at us.

I blame Deathwish for the volcano that may slow down my current order.

Joking aside I once ordered a 7" from Jump Start. It took about 6 months longer to arrive than other peoples who I knew had theirs in the UK. When I finally got it was covered with all sorts of different postage labels from the UK and America and from what I could gather it had made it to the UK only to be sent back to America and finally back to the UK again.