PO: The Juliana Theory "Music From Another Room"

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys, i own the label thats putting this out so if anyone has any questions please send me a pm. They were made using a picture disc process to get the metallic look which was a bit pricey but they are well worth it. The extras are also all hand made and numbered. That being said, no shipping is not included in those prices but shipping will only be $3.99 for the single or $4.99 for the package

I understand its a bit pricey but thats because of the picture disc factor which is why we are trying to include all the extras and the hand numbering. It is also limited to 500 because i didnt feel there was enough demand to make any more than that which also made price higher than most pressings out of 1000 or more

Cannot afford $20 for an EP... sad because I really enjoy this.

EDIT: I feel like I should elaborate my thoughts on this. I am really happy for enjoytheride, and that this is getting pressed. Always glad to see albums I used to really dig, getting the vinyl treatment. But here's where the problem is. If this was some monumental groundbreaking album, I could see all these bells and whistles being necessary... but it's not. I think it's a solid album, and that's about it. Seems just so over the top... don't mean to come down on anything or anyone, but I just wish I was getting this for a little cheaper - that's all.

Love you guys - really.

i was sort of looking forward to this but now not so much. hate, hate, HATE when youre forced to buy a package deal to get the "limited" color. zero incentive to preorder. between that, the price, and throw in the fact theyre done on picture discs which are the only type of records ive ever been able to hear a noticeable difference in sound quality... bleh. oh well, first world problems, ya know?

weird bad or weird good? Im trying to understand what people want and value in a release and I before anyone says its too expensive I want to make clear that I was trying to make it unique and to my knowledge this has never done except for mars volta- deloused and that was only on silver. we plan to put out a few other releases in the near future so any suggestions for things specifically people want to see is more than welcome and appreciated

weird bad or weird good? Im trying to understand what people want and value in a release and I before anyone says its too expensive I want to make clear that I was trying to make it unique and to my knowledge this has never done except for mars volta- deloused and that was only on silver. we plan to put out a few other releases in the near future so any suggestions for things specifically people want to see is more than welcome and appreciated

Weird... odd. It's an EP of an odd mish mash of songs. If the pictures are an accurate representation, they look good, but the pic disc choice is odd. There's obviously effort being put into it, but there's just something off about it. I'll think on it some more and see if I can flush my thoughts out a little better.

I am with Smail. There is no doubt that thought and effort are being put into it and I can definitely appreciate that! I am just not sure that putting all the effort into an EP was the right choice. I think the sentiment in this thread is that we all enjoy this album, we just can't justify buying it at $20 price tag, even with all the extras.

I am with Smail. There is no doubt that thought and effort are being put into it and I can definitely appreciate that! I am just not sure that putting all the effort into an EP was the right choice. I think the sentiment in this thread is that we all enjoy this album, we just can't justify buying it at $20 price tag, even with all the extras. Especially since it's a Picture Disc